painting a tank?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I got myself a piece of cheep glass and got a few different shades of blue to do some testing with. Ended up using 2 different shades. A metel flake blue as a light spotty coat abd a darker back coat

I just took some black house paint that I had left over from my trim and rolled it on. Worked good enough for me! :)

is this a glass or acrylic tank? if it is acrylic I would not paint it! you could also go to a local sign shop and get some vinyl to put on...

Matt

its a glass tank. i was thinking about just getting a black cover but i think it would look better if it was painted.

its a glass tank. i was thinking about just getting a black cover but i think it would look better if it was painted.

the vinyl goes on like a window cling, its sweet stuff! that way if you ever need to see in the back you can peel it off and put it back on!

matt

You can use cardboard and spraypaint it black or what ever color you choose. I did this for my 270g and you can't even tell that it is cardboard back there.

Card board painted the color you want is the cheapest. ONce coraline algea grows in the tank you'll never know the difference

freakingreefin- i wish i could afford it but all my money went in my tank

Trido-very good advice i think that will work perfectly :)

Back