Pairs and hosts

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

xxkenny90xx

There's nothing I've enjoyed watching in my tank as much as the relationship between my pair of clowns and their host rbta and I'd love to add more critters that will pair up and/or host something. What do you guys have/know of that show this type of behavior? Pics? Thanks a lot

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2

I had a yellow clown goby that would perch on certain corals including a clam. He'd coral hop from one to the next. Not necessarily a symbiotic relationship, but cool to watch.

Those both sound cool to watch, ice done a little bit of research about the pistol shrimp and goby relationship, it sounds like something I should have in my tank. My only concern is if the pistol shrimp could coexist in my 90 gallon with my coral banded shrimp? Anybody have any experience there?

I have a candy cane pistol and Coral banded in my tank and no issues. Pistol shrimp burrow and live in tunnels and the goby will be its lookout. So you are all good to go.

Those both sound cool to watch, ice done a little bit of research about the pistol shrimp and goby relationship, it sounds like something I should have in my tank. My only concern is if the pistol shrimp could coexist in my 90 gallon with my coral banded shrimp? Anybody have any experience there?

Sent from the great beyond via Tapatalk 2.5!!

Sounds good, what size tank do you keep them in?

Mine are in a 55, I also have a cleaner shrimp and peppermints.

Mine are in a 55, I also have a cleaner shrimp and peppermints.

Wow really? I've shied away from all other shrimps because I've heard my coral banded will kill them, I think it's time to try out a few

CB's are bullies and have been known to kill other shrimp, not saying it will not happen. But your pistol should be fine as they borrow and live under rocks. Try a cleaner just make sure its not a small one.

My coral banded killed two pairs of cleaner shrimp :( Not saying all will but watch out for them

Not a unusual hosting clown / anemone but I still can sit and watch them for hours on end :D

I have a pair too
1268786_514519778628015_288716552_o.jpg

there are other damsels that will pair with anemones... probably not a great option though.
cleaner shrimp can be fun to watch (cleaning) if they are comfortable, and the fish are too.. i have a fire shrimp that my coral beauty loves to visit...
a bit more advanced, but there are also crabs that will live in and protect their acros.

cleaner shrimp can be fun to watch (cleaning) if they are comfortable, and the fish are too.. i have a fire shrimp that my coral beauty loves to visit...
a bit more advanced, but there are also crabs that will live in and protect their acros.

My coral banded shrimp used to be territorial and attack any nearby fish but nowadays it actually cleans the fish, it's pretty cool. I don't keep acros bit I am thinking about possibly getting an anemone and crab pair, I'm just nervous my clowns might evict the crab

Back