Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

New Addition - Blue Lightning Acro

Blue Lightning Acro

4206979303_15a36facca_b.jpg

4207739350_987800bbb0_b.jpg

4206979527_e8af7eda0f_b.jpg

4206979657_af79c3df53_b.jpg

I didn't get the blue hornets, but I will probably do another trip down in a few weeks, so I'll probably pick them up then...

I didn't get the blue hornets, but I will probably do another trip down in a few weeks, so I'll probably pick them up then...

I am going next week, so don't bother going for the $10 blue hornet, it will be mine:D.

Just notice the title of this thread is PCFishman's 40B - LPS, Bring that SPS over, I will babysit it for you in my cube. Don't want to confuse your LPS only tank.

Blue Hornets are zoas being sold by a store down there.... I believe they are the african blue steel zoas that were on the market earlier in the year.

ok i thought they were the real ones...
a colony for $10 or how many polyps?i had them before but they prone on melting....i have 3 polyps that was given to me by a friend and so far its growing babies on sides...

$10 is cheap;)i remember they were sold here for $5 per polyp

I'm not sure what would quantify them as real or not, but they look exactly like the African blue steel zoas that were so highly sought after 3-4 months ago. Also, the rock they were encrusted on are exactly the same as well, very dense, not like other substrate... Just my 2 cents.. Awesome find nonetheless

Last edited:
yup they were highly sought after before but after too many stories of melting...its like no one wants to take the risk:)
the link that cali_reef showed is the african blue steels or african blue hornets:)

but for $10 thats an awesome deal:)
i remember before a colony of african blue hornets cost a fortune...:)

I am going next week, so don't bother going for the $10 blue hornet, it will be mine:D.

Just notice the title of this thread is PCFishman's 40B - LPS, Bring that SPS over, I will babysit it for you in my cube. Don't want to confuse your LPS only tank.

Leave some for me :lol:

As of late I have been buying more SPS... My LPS dominated tank is becoming more like a 50/50 - SPS/LPS tank...

I'll call u when I need someone to babysit my SPS ;)

My LPS dominated tank is becoming more like a 50/50 - SPS/LPS tank...

;)

I just looked at you sig and saw that you had 2 40's. then looked at you fliker page and thought you were making a joke because of all the sps i saw in the tank:lol: I want to see full tank shots of both please:)

SPS Dominated 40B - Tank Pics

These pics were taken about 6 months ago.... The tank layout and inhabitants are still the same.. The only change is all the LPS in the tank were moved into the now LPS Dominated 40B....:)

FTS
4210517626_2db2fea948_b.jpg

Left Front
4210517732_fecefa5185_b.jpg

Right Front
4209753351_4ab183a292_b.jpg

Right Side
4209753235_296bb4c051_b.jpg

Left Side
4209753403_0c116147f6_b.jpg

Coral ID

Could this be a blasto, merletti type? I have been looking for cool stuff and ran across a site that had several other colors than yours. They where not close ups but it looked similar.. Thought I would throw it out there to see if you had considered it. Very excellent tank!!!! Thanks for your time.
Vince

Of all the inhabitants in my tank I receive the most questions regarding the one below.... I purchased it over a year ago and the person who I got it from received it as an unknown coral from Australia. I've been trying to ID it for a while now, but to avail....

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

3910088079_b40a55d98b_b.jpg

3910088005_cefa48c9c5_b.jpg

Thanks for the compliments Vince...

I don't believe it's a blasto. I've got a few blastos in my tank and the growth and polyps look nothing like this one. I think it's a Symphyllia Wilsoni... A few months back a bunch of fellow reefers helped me to ID this coral.

Back