Penductors question.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bc_slc

Quick question. What are your guys experience with penductors?

I am still trying to decide how to run my closed loop. To refresh, the tank is 60Lx22Wx30T. Currently have a Mag 12 as my return, which returns as 1" plumbing, then T's into 3/4" plumping x2 and exits as two sea swirls. The current return has to be submerged for now, but that will hopefully change. I then have a bunch of powerheads and my goal is to be able to use the two penductors to replace all the powerheads, likely on a closed loop leaving the tank with 2 sea swirls and the 2 penductors and nothing else. Does this seam reasonable?

I know I need a pressure rated pump, but have never actually seen the penductors at work. They sound like they make an awesome amount of flow, though it is static. My idea would be to mount the penductors on the sides of the tank facing each other, with the sea swirls in the back-middle of the tank crossing in front of them.

Mat

Also, this is a dumb question, but can the pump being used for a closed loop be located about the intake and exit of the loop? All that I have ever seen are located below the intake and exit, but in principle, if there is no leak of air or water, then it should be able to be located anywhere...

My LFS has the Penductors on his sea swirls. It pretty cool, have to be carefull though it will blast the flesh off of lps, and sps it close enough. Steve

Not sure what your second question was. what do you mean about the intake or exit"??

Mike

Sorry mike, lets see if I can explain it better (there was a typo - it was supposed to be "closed loop be located above the intake and exit :

If I have the intake for my closed loop...somewhere in the tank, I then plumb upwards, but instead of going over the back of the tank and down to a pump located in the stand or on the floor or even mounted behind the tank, is it possible to plumb UPWARDS, and place the pump above the tank (in the canopy, on top of the canopy, etc)? I would then plumb from the pump back into the tank where they would exit underwater in the form of a calfo manifold, sea swirls or possible penductors.

Back