Peoria Fish Stores

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jstruna

Was going to be visiting the Peoria area and could'nt find ant shops doing a search, anybody know of any shops in that area, thaks, JS

There a couple shops in Peoria; Super Pets and Petco.
If you have time, I would suggest traveling to Fishin Times and Charlies in Pekin.

There are some in Moline,about 20 minute drive from my house, and they are teske's and Aquatic Environments, THe AE is Cheaper and by an old KUnkels, it is a bit out of the way but worth the trip. Teske's right now has a sea hare!

As a life long resident (captive) of Peoria, IL I have always been interested in how we don't have the resources it seems we should based on the population size. I chalk it up to bad leadership combined with apathetic/conservative/narrow minded population. Peoria has an awesome infrastructure with the 1800's warehouse district and the riverfront and look at what it is(not). It is truly messed up, the point being you wouldn't come to Peoria for art or music or food or anything really so don't be surprised when the Petco and Super Pets suck too. The jury is still out on the guy opening a reef store (soon I hope), please God let it be decent. I was just at Super Pets the other day and I swear every other tank had a floater and/or sick fish. They are moving and I hope they take advantage of the opportunity to get there ish together. If they do I will come back on here and revise my statement.

On the other hand, even with healthy stock most die anyway since probably at least 75% of people buying the fish don't bother to learn how to care for them.

Do you think its the economy that is preventing Peoria from having a awesome LFS. I was just back in Peoria for vacation. I have considered starting a LFS in your area and living in my home town.

Fishin' Times has a descent selection of corals and pretty good prices on fish. Occasionally you can get a great deal on liverock too. If you want to travel a little a little further east to Bloomington there's Marine Aquatics, or also the saltwater store in the back of K9 Classics (Jerry's Reef I think)

Back