Peppermint Shrimp eating Hammerhead

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tkmak

Picked up a great hammerhead coral today from my LFS. I placed 4 peppermint shrimp about 3 weeks ago in the tank to help rid Aiptasia anems (they didn't do their job).

Placed it in the aquarium today, and one of the peppermint shrimp made a beeline for it and started feasting on my new addition.

My initial thoughts where - maybe its a camelback, not a peppermint. The place I buy from know their stuff for one, second, I didn't notice any hump on the back.

I am a bit worried. 4 month old aquarium - first invert additions besides some Green Star Polyps.

Any other way to tell if its a camelback? Also, if I gotta rid the tank of these guys, trying to catch these shrimp is going to be impossible... any suggestions?

had the same problem with a peppermint shrimp...i had to break the tank down to get them...good luck!

I had a couple peppermints in my tank that got a little feisty. I didn't feed the tank for a couple days and tied a cocktail shrimp to a chopstick and held it in the tank and scooped them up when the came for the shrimp. Got them both in about 5 minutes.

Back