Perculas need host other than anemone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks everyone! I finally put in clay pot for about a week now. No luck clown fish hosting it, but my yellow tang goes in and out of it a lot. So this morning I took the zoa rock out that the clowns were hosting. They just move on to the next zoa rock. Maybe I'll superglue some zoas on the clay pot. I saw orange prawn eggs like that flew out of zoa rock where clown fish was hanging out. Could it be laying eggs?

Okay, this may sound silly....but it works. When I was told this trick by a very reputable hobbyist and LFS, I thought I felt a tug on my leg. Find a pic on the internet of your species of clown hosting in whatever it is you want it to host in, be it Xenia, Frogspawn....etc. Print it out....Tape it to your tank so your lil' finned buddy can see it. LMAO I know this sounds crazy, but it works. After telling this to a couple other reefers who'd had trouble getting their clowns to host anything, they tried it and it worked. Honest, as crazy as it sounds, I'm not pulling your leg!!

As crazy as it sounds, even though I'm the one who suggested it in this thread, I'm NOT searching for pics for everyone...lol. That's what Google's for. Good luck to all!!

Hehe

Okay, this may sound silly....but it works. When I was told this trick by a very reputable hobbyist and LFS, I thought I felt a tug on my leg. Find a pic on the internet of your species of clown hosting in whatever it is you want it to host in, be it Xenia, Frogspawn....etc. Print it out....Tape it to your tank so your lil' finned buddy can see it. LMAO I know this sounds crazy, but it works. After telling this to a couple other reefers who'd had trouble getting their clowns to host anything, they tried it and it worked. Honest, as crazy as it sounds, I'm not pulling your leg!!

Do you have many problems with them attacking the picture? Two dominate spawning females in the same area...high suspect.

I've never actually had to resort to this. Clowns have always hosted right away for me. However, I really doubt you'd have this problem. You mention 2 dominate spawning females...if your clown isn't hosting anything, I doubt it'd be in a spawning stage. From the person who told me about this and from those I've told it to who've tried it..and from others that have tried it, it's pretty much been very successful with no aggression problems.

Back