performance tuner/chip ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mlheppl

I know this is way off topic for a reefing forum, but thought someone might be able to help.

I'm looking into putting a performance tuner in my 99 Ford superduty PU w/ the powerstroke diesel. The tuner I'm looking at is the superchip model with 3 performance settings. I've also looked at the tuner from Edge. Does anyone here have any experience with these tuners? Is there another brand of tuner that I should be looking into? Can anyone recommend an online site to order from?

Here's one of the cheapest places I've found so far.

http://www.pmtchips.com/gdept.asp?dept_id=01

The problem with all drop in chips is that there is give and take. Your a bit far for me to be much help. What you need is a decent programable chip. Not one with just three setting. The truck is then run on the dyno and the system programed. Drop in chips usually tweek just the powerband and really screw-up the cruise settings which will cause long term damage.

Don

Give these guys a call. 253-475-8319 Turbo Technologies. They will steer you in the right direction.

Don

BCT182 said:
We got about 80hp out of a 2001 F350

Tuned properly you can easily get 100 and a bunch more torque. You also get premature transmission failure, warped cylinder heads, crack walls, and impacted rod bearings. The object is to have it tuned to optimize not maximize.

Don

BCT182 said:
Pay the cost to be the boss! LOL

NA do it right the first time. But not problem a chevy will come by eventually and drag it home after the the explosion. :)

Don

I have heard the best things about BANKS. In fact, i know they make a total "power package" for the cummins but not sure about the power stroke.

My buddy at work added the Banks "6 pack" to his 2005 F350 diesel. 6 adjustable settings, and I think it adds like a 100HP.

Back