pfo electrical help PLEASE

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tankrupt

ok, 175w dual balast,xm 10000k bulbs..left side bulb yellow,swap bulbs left side yellow,swap ballasts left side yellow. is this the socket? had trouble screwing in at first and manufacturer said it could be a european mog socket but not a problem,im at a complete loss and its a long way to my supplier thanks all.

Welcome to RF! Sorry I can't offer any help... My PFO setup came already pre-wired. Here's a bump incase someone else may be able to help. Hope you enjoy it here:)

thanks for the response Krish and Charlie,unit is brand new and did come pre wired,also have switched ballasts l+r , comes down to socket or cord, will pull sockets apart today and see what goes to bulb base, will post later , thanks again

If you pull the wires off the socket, switch that socket to the other side, if the left one is still yellow than it is the wire, if the yellow moves to the right side it is the socket (I can't imagine it would be the wires though).

Tim

also, check and make sure the nipple on the bulb is facing the correct way as it can distort the spectrum some.

Mat

moortim,shallowreef and mat thanks muchly for imput,have placed my nipples in the approved position and checked the colour of wire to the centre of socket,going to order new socket and cord today as swapping cords is just about a full teardown,this is really ugly looks like somebody peed in one side of my tank ill repost this week again thanks steve.

Back