PFO Lighting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mmn_usn

bblhd reefer
I am looking for information for PFO. The numbers that I have seem to be disconnected. Did they go out of business? I hope not.

If they did go out, or just not doing phone orders anymore... I need to replace a ballast. Can I just go down to the electrical supply company and pick one up or does it have to be a special one?

Thanks
Nate

PFO is currently involved in a law suit over their use of LCDs in aquarium lighting. I believe they've laid off all of their employees and several people have had trouble contacting them about warranty work. I don't know how to go about contacting them. I also don't know about your ballast or how to replace it. I would assume you could go with an Icecap ballast.

Thanks sid. I have the duel 250W ballast and just need to replace one. I guess I will be doing some driving around to the electrical supply stores.

i have an account with PFO and they are shut down. there facility is still there but there is no one there to answer the phones or even emails. drove by there offices last week and they are still there. Not sure how long though. they phones are still working as of late but never lets you out of the opening message.

I just looked up the lawsuit that was mentioned by sid. That sounds like a cheap nasty hit to the aquarium industry. PFO laid off all of it employees until the case is done. I guess I have to go to a local supply company.

FIY, for those looking to fix PFO ballasts, if you do some research you can figure what ballasts PFO used in their ballasts pretty easily.

For example, I found out (on reefcentral) that PFO's 250W HQI ballasts use the same M80 ballast that sunlight supply uses in their blue wave HQI ballasts.

Essentially they buy the ballast from another company, wire it up in a ballast box, and then sell it under their name.

hope this helps

For plain not hqi ballast parts check rainier electric on pac hwy in lakewood. They stock most ballast but no hqi.

Don

Back