PFO vs. Orbitec lawsuit is over

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sorry jetmech, I disagree. There is a morality to our hobby and the businesses that support us. Orbitec has used the courts to do what their products could not. That is immoral and their business should not be patronized. A company that is not responsible or ethical should not stay in business. The current state of the economy should all remind us that unethical business practices do have consequences that affect us all.

The line between morality/eithcs and business has blurred in the last 10 years, and there are two distinct sides. One is on the right side of history and ones isn't.

We all must remember this is how some of the best become just another big corp!Look at the little fry's that have dissapeared.This is just buisness.Look at the auto indst.U make a car Goes well for about 5 yrs.Another comp comes in say's hey u are a threat.Merge or die!That is as Elementry as it can be.Allot of deawoo was funded on a gm basis then Poof!Gone..!The fiero was a platform designed to fail as a "test" for the saturn base!Then again look at hundia.If they were in the u.s. would they still be?I hope to see someone find the loop hole for Him My system is 100%PFO!!

If I read all this correctly, they filed for bankruptcy. That doesn't mean it has been finalized and accepted. This could be their only way to stall the lawsuit and possibly re-group. People do this same thing when they are facing foreclosure. It buys time. Any lawyers out their to clarify?

Welp from what I have heard in the past at this point it will sit as a non judgement file.And not be pushed forward unless one or the other from the case sides deside to do something.And in this case unless he can find a freelance lawyer to help.God if I was one this would be a case I would take untill I got the threat letters from the other side.It happens This I know.I will ask my sister more about it tonight!

Crushing and frustrating news. So sad to see a great company, that Pat and others probably poured their hearts and souls into, destroyed in this manner. Our best wishes for future success to all the great people we interacted with at PFO. Anyone finds out who Orbitec partners with please post it here.

I agree that everone should do their best in NOT supporting Orbitec and there bullish behavior by purchasing one of their led light systems.

As some have said, the companies with the biggest pockets win... even when they're losing they shall come out ahead due to $$$ on their side.

I for one shall always support the local companies such as PFO and the others that make their home here in the Northwest before buying some other brand that is made out of state or even China or Taiwan. I for one know what value goes into 3rd world tools and crap and I hate to suppost there economy when I can easily pay more but be supporting my local neighbors.

Off the soap box for now.. sorry that I got so riled up.

Alex

Back