ph monitor need asap - buy or borrow

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

CJG

I need one very badly on Wednesday. In the surrounding Seattle area, can pick up today or tomorrow morning or early afternoon. If I borrow it I'll return it by friday. Can someone please help me out. I can't get one online becuase I need it so soon. Thanks

Moved to the PSAS forum, since this is for the Seattle area....

Your PH shouldnt vary enough to need one. Your PH can vary from a morning reading to an evening reading. For most accurate reading test in the morning around the same time.

THen things like water flow can effect your levels as with salt brands and water change habbits and controlling your Alk. reading.

I dont need one to monitor my ph, My buddy is bringing me some fish and I need it to aclimate them in my quarantine system. I only need one for a day.

Fish care more about oxygen levels from water flow and ammonia readings. Sounds like you have a main tank already so if you dont have water test kits then i would have bought that before the fish. You need to test your water on a regular basis to avoid preventable problems and to determine water change scedule and controlling unwanted algea.

gary - I believe what he is doing is using it to acclimate a fish to QT. It is rather important to measure the shipping bag pH when doing so. Check out this procedure: It Was Acclimation, I know....

Where in Seattle are you? If you can swing it, Ill let you use the milwakee for my calcium reactor. The only big problem I see is that I live in Lynnwood and am carpooling to Burien so meeting you isnt an option.

LKM if that helps

I need one very badly on Wednesday. In the surrounding Seattle area, can pick up today or tomorrow morning or early afternoon. If I borrow it I'll return it by friday. Can someone please help me out. I can't get one online becuase I need it so soon. Thanks
NM Ill wait another day before leaving such things in open forums.

Last edited:
Back