pH ssues all day long. 7.8.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

initial thought is large diameter pipe to bring in air from outside, some kind of a carbon filter, and an inside manifold to connect air lines from skimmer to. in the winter this could be a real chiller so we'll see how that will go. aslo I have natural gas furnace and water heater 6 feet away from sump so am even more concerned about fresh air intake.

My skimmer uses a 1/4" ID tube to feed it, i ran a 3/4" ID tube 5' outside, i didn't use an air pump, there has been no visible affect to skimmate production or any signs i'm starving it of air, but my PH jumped by .2. :) The line is hidden in an old dryer vent output, and i put a filter sock around it to keep large stuff and insects out. It's been running like this for over a year with no problems so far. I hadn't thought about neighbors spraying insecticides though....

This is the approach I used with my old BM 250. If my new system gave me problems I wouldn't hesitate to do the same with the BK i'm running now. If there are enough foundation vents in a crawl space I'm sure that adding a pipe into it will help raise the Ph on any system that needs more O2.

I do have a crawl space, it is about 3' from the skimmer, would this in any way have any effect on the air into the skimmer.

I do have a crawl space, it is about 3' from the skimmer, would this in any way have any effect on the air into the skimmer.

It will be a great access point to get from O2 from outside. You just have to decide how big of air line and where to drill the hole in the floor or wall. Or you could leave the access hole open for the spiders. :eyebrows: I would only put the airline into the crawl space and no further. There should be plenty of cross draft to bring all the air you need to the skimmer from under your house.

Back