Phosban Reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
my new reactor will be here tomorrow...what is the best sized pump for it..i think i remember it being a maxijet 600 or 900...also, Krish, how did you mount yours??? can i see a pic if anyone has one mounted in their sump???;)

I am going to chime in on this one ron, i think i am going to get one myself:)
good luck

-augustus

i really need some help getting out some of the nutrients out of my display...i hope it works pretty well!!

you need a maxijet 600, a tove 1 1/2 inch and a valve thingy so you can control the presure dood... i believe ...the less flow the better.

Last edited:
You jusr need a small pump/powerhead. You will reduce the flow real low. You want the media just to barely move. I Run a Rio 50.

i have a maxi jet 600..i can get a flow restrictor if i need one..you think Lowes would have something for that????

yeah... i think it's called a valve :lol: :p (i'm not to much of a plumbing expert :p) ... and yes i believe lowes or home depot sell them

Ron don't worry about getting the valve the 2LF has one included in the package. I got one for christmas. The reactor also has a little lip on it so you can hang it right on the side of your sump. Setup is a snap.

Brian

I was given a phosban reactor with a minijet 404 for christmas :)

I agree that setup is easy. It can hang on the tank or sump, or simply sit on its own. The instructions say the maximum recommended flow rate is 30-50 gph. The included ball valve seems sturdy and easy to adjust.

edit: I believe its made to be on the outside, though I don't see why it couldn't be in-sump either.

Last edited:
i keep seeing different things about the recommended flow rate..i looked on their website...it said 80-90gph...then, i saw something on the same website that read exactly like this:"ca 30-50gph".....i wondered what was going on..

I saw some different flow rate recommendations also. The 30-50 gal/hr I got directly from the operating instructions that came in the box for what thats worth :lol:

i saw that, but their website has this directly under the Phosban 150 listing...
PhosBan Reactor 150â„¢
The PhosBan Reactor 150 is designed with the upflow principle to achieve the most efficient use of PhosBan® or other chemical filter media. By pushing water from the bottom upward through a dispersion plate, it forces an even distribution of water through the media, and prevents channeling. It can be mounted hanging on the back of the aquarium or below the aquarium. Hose barb connections are for 1/2 inch i.d. tubing. Includes 1/2 inch barbed ball valve for flow control, and hose clamps. Recommended flow rate is 80 to 90 gallons per hour.

I have the TLF phosban reactor and it uses the maxijet 400. Here are a few ways I had it mounted on different tanks and sumps:)

Back