phosphate remover results.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I added a Phosban Reactor to my system yesterday. My PO4 was over 2 using Red Sea test kit. This morning PO4 down to .02. Wow

mmkeeper said:
I added a Phosban Reactor to my system yesterday. My PO4 was over 2 using Red Sea test kit. This morning PO4 down to .02. Wow

Great results, but thats WAY to fast it you have corals or inverts. Rowa and PB are great but you do have to be careful.

Don

If you are running the proper flow through your spray bar you shouldn't ever have to clean it. I know of tanks setup for years and have never touched their spray bar.

That all depends on the pump you well be using, dia of the spray bar and so on. I would start with say a 3/4" pvc and drill say1/8" or maybe 3/32" holes say 1" apart, hooh it up and fill tank with tap water and run and see how much pressure and flow you get and adjust till your satisfied. I have mine runninf from the center on a "T" outwards with caps on the end. You could make the inner holes larger and get smaller as you go outward so as to maintain more even pressure along the spray bar, something like the main heat duct trunk running from the furnace the length of you house, which is larger and gets smaller as it goes further away to make up for lost pressure further away from the source of the pressure, if you follow what I mean. Course with a 48 it probably is not that big a deal. I made a jig and plunge routed 1/8" slots of different lengths in mine on my 230.

that sounds good, do the holes need to be drilled stright across, or some pointing down, to move anything out from under the eggcrate into the water..

Last edited:
MikeS said:
I know, I know....hopefully she'll miss this one....I already took my beating from mojo on the phone the other day....:lol:

MikeS

ROFL! Mike, Mike, Mike...... This deserves a phone call......

daytonaconnecti - I like the very last picture you posted of your closed loop. I think that will allow for different options with regards to flow placement. I'm spacing out...do you have a sump? With your return, you can bring up over the back and point it straight down at the bottom. This will cause the flow to spread out over the bottom sweeping it. Here is a thread where we removed the sandbed, and redid the plumbing. I'm very pleased with how an output pointed straight at the bottom sweeps it up. Hooked's 90 Tank Rebuild.

Back