Photos from my LFS

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sherman

Has Met Willis
I'm trying to help my favorite LFS enter the 90's, with Internet and everything, so I've been shooting photography there. As any photographer in this hobby knows, I'm really the one benefitting, because it doesn't take long before you run out of things to shoot in your own tank. :)

I really appreciate this LFS, Ultimate Aquarium in Visalia, CA. The owner, Marc, personally hand picks all livestock from the wholesalers every couple of weeks. He has YEARS of experience, and a great eye and the patience to wait for healthy and beautiful livestock.

He's an LPS guy, as you'll be able to tell, in time. Here's his display tank. It looks this clean all the time. The day I took this shot, he didn't know I was stopping in, so this is truly candid.
ua_showtank.jpg

Some typical coral selection:
ua_elegance.jpg

ua_purple+zoas.jpg

ua_condy.jpg

ua_dendrophyllia.jpg

ua_pink+hammer.jpg

ua_yellow+leather.jpg

ua20061207_turbinaria.jpg

ua20061207_crocea1.jpg

Wow, I wish we had some LFS with stuff like that. From all I have seen they dont even rate with a LFS like that. Nice pics Sherm, Very Nice indeed.

Here's a panoramic I took of the store that same day he didn't know I was coming. So yes, it always looks like this. As I mentioned, I really appreciate this store. I'll keep things updated as I make more photo shoots down there:

ua_fullstore.jpg

Those are some nice looking pics you took. The exposure looks spot on and the pictures are sharp. I personally like the Sailfin Tang and Moorish Idol shots, great job on those. I still haven't ventured into an LFS to take some shots, though I will probably get bored enough one day to do it :)

Beautiful! Everything! the livestock, the photography And THE STORE! Thank you for sharing.

Debbie
-

Canon 20D. The lenses could have been any combination of:

Canon 28-135 IS USM
Canon 17-40 L
Canon 24-105 L
Canon 60 macro EF-S
Canon 100 macro

Charlie, my in-laws live in Whitefish, and have been begging us to visit their new place. I don't know the geography, is that close?

wow looking at these pics it doesnt even seem real after looking at how clean it is mine looks like the sewer l.o.l.

I went back for another round, so I thought I'd share. I was really fascinated by some of the larger predators, especially some HUGE puffers (some approaching 12").

Porcupine Puffers from small:
little+porcupine.jpg

To large:
porc+puffer.jpg

Valentini Puffer:
valentini.jpg

And Dogface:
dogface.jpg

Perhaps an angelic Volitan Lionfish?
lionfish.jpg

And if you're more into a full reef, how 'bout a Longnose Hawk:
longnose+hawk.jpg