• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Photos from the 3-D video shoot

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Brie

BRA
I stayed most of the day, watching the madness of the movie shoot ensue. Here's some of the photos I got. :) Was kind of hard since they had to have most of the lights in the building turned off to minimize reflections, but I managed. Apparently this is going to be a 3-D bluray, something similar to the "virtual aquariums" and "crackling fireplace" dvds that you run on your tv, except this one is in 3D and much cooler. :) The camera they were using was awesome, and they had a big 3-D tv they set up so we could all watch what they were shooting, live and in 3-D.

TvFront_4589.jpg

CrewDisplay_4653.jpg

DisplayLightVert_4605.jpg

DisplayCrew_4650.jpg

CyDisplaySilly_4606.jpg

CyDisplayFishWrangling_4592.jpg

CrewWatchingTV_4635.jpg

CameraDisplayShoot_4646.jpg

CameraDisplayVert_4597.jpg

DisplayTankTangs_4614.jpg

DisplaySideLighted_4618.jpg

Watching 4 guys try to film the Elos tank was kind of amusing...
CrewElos_4658.jpg

ElosCamera_4674.jpg

CrewElos2_4661.jpg

The "nemo, and dory with bubble diver" scene. LOL.
NemoTank_4681.jpg

NemoTankCamera_4717.jpg

CameraTim_4725.jpg

Tim, Nemo Wrangler(tm)
TimFishWrangler_4735.jpg

I had to leave before they got to this last shot, which was my favorite. A little nano reef set up... I took a quick pic of it before I left just to have it on record, Cy did a pretty good job I think whipping this together.
NanoScene_4747.jpg

14 hours of being a Hollywood style animal trainer....errr Fish Wrangler. Have you ever tried to keep a group of fish in a 24" section of a 96" reef tank? Its not easy:)

It was pretty amazing to see what 3-D TV's are capable of.

That's a lot of equipment!!! Looks like total chaos in there too with everything and everyone sandwiched up! :shock: LOL!! Very cool though and thanks for the pics as usual Brie :)

I can just picture cy thinking what did I get myself into, lol Looks real cool!!!

Mojo...no kidding! Thats exactly what went through my mind as they started making requests the day of...

Its going to be released on BluRay. The disc will contain both 2D & 3D versions. I think they have multiple uses in mind. One, for the consumer as a mood setting disc kind if like a fireplace scene for your TV. Two, for 3D tv manufacturers to show off 3D. Finally, as a portfolio item for future clients. Can't wait for it to come out and get my hands on our copies. My father in law has a 3D v so we'll see how well his works. We'll let you all know when they are selling them.

That looks awesome. What an exciting thing to watch be made. That must have been tons of fun.

Kind of reminds me of when I went to the sets in California and watched my Godfather work his magic. He's a cinematographer.

Very cool indeed. Love the 3-D stuff, even video games are going 3-D now a days. I'll definatly be on the look out for the disc to see how the 3-D turned out. It's crazy to see the 3-D cameras in action after all these years of seeing the standard 16mm Panavision Panaflex systems. Looks like they were using a 3-D split rig.

Was this a local Production Company that did this? Maybe Parallax out of BC? I know they do a lot with documentary style films.

Last edited:
It was LightspeeD doing this shoot. I believe they are local in Bellevue.

That Saltwater DVD you saw at Fred Meyer included footage from our display tank. We let that company come film on handshake agreement and never heard from them again. A few months later we were shocked when we saw our tank on TV's at Fred Meyers all around town. Lesson learned;)

Hopefully they'll have copies at the store that people can purchase.

That might work well for people who live over there but I'm on the opposite side of the mountains and will have to order online and have it shipped. Can't wait to hear/see how this turns out. How long does a movie like this take to process and edit before release?

That might work well for people who live over there but I'm on the opposite side of the mountains and will have to order online and have it shipped. Can't wait to hear/see how this turns out. How long does a movie like this take to process and edit before release?

I'm bad, sorry I didn't noticed that you're in Liberty Lakes. :D

i remember walking through freddies and being like, WAIT...
i have cleaned that reef tank, and then, omg...lol, it's barrier's display!!!
what a bummer they basically stole it... :(

so im assuming you will have copies at the store to sell once they have released this new vid??
would be cool to have for the tv... :)

Back