picasso clown

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spongebob lover

flea whisperer
hey doods/ettes
i got my picasso clownfish last saturday :D (he's one kewl fish :D ) , so it's been in my tank for about 2 days and a half.
i know it's probably nothing :p, but i don't see the clownfish eating as you know...pig :lol:... i mean it's probably eating about 2-3 little ORA glow thingys (pellets) but is that normal? i'm using the ORA thingy about 4 times :lol:, sometimes he'll eat it sometimes he won't (may be he doesn't know it's right there?)
Anyways, any words of advice would be great :).

give him time.... is scary being thrown in a new world....... my clown didnt eat for a while after hosting...

i was worried sick cause he wasnt leaveing his cave for nothing... and every time the food came close and he was gonna make a run the cromies scared him... but a few weeks turned to months and now he swims wit the cromies at feeding time....

maybe try to spot feed him, for a few days... every other day?...... like turn the flow off get all the other fish and stuff away and work with him one on one

it might work... just dont forget to turn it back on...

it will be eazyer to get the food closer to him if its not blowing all over.

SBL,
Our Picasso clowns took about 2 to 3 weeks to warm up.
Ours would not eat the ORA bacon bits, but they did eat f.d. mysis and frozen mysis in the first weeks then we worked in other pellets.
So we called them up and said why,why,why wont they eat bacon bits??
Adam at ORA told us they dont really use a lot of their own food in the nursery,strange?
Try some Spectrum Thera+A , they love it .
Good luck .
ROB - ARSA

I had zero luck feeding the ORA pellets to my ORA picassos. They seemed to eat everything else though. Mysis, Flake, Cyclopleeze, and frozen foods. I'm glad I only purchased the mini pellet container.

I totally agree with him^^^.
PS, where are the pics?

LOL!! i know, i'll post one tomorrow, my baby moves way to much :lol: .

i'm gonna give it another few more days and if he's not eating like a pig by next week, then i guess i'll have to do another visit to the fish store to get me some mysis and cyclopeeze :) .

ohh boy i better get my speech ready for the husband :lol: .

I've got some you can try, Gaby. It's closer, and then if your little one likes them, then you've got justification to buy a whole package. ;)

I meant to make a new thread, not a post in here... so any photos of the guy yet? ::sheepishly bows out of thread::

Last edited:
I've got some you can try, Gaby. It's closer, and then if your little one likes them, then you've got justification to buy a whole package.

awesome Jan, thank you :) .

congrats on the new addition Gaby. Good luck with the feeding thing.

thank you girl :D .

I meant to make a new thread, not a post in here... so any photos of the guy yet? ::sheepishly bows out of thread::

yeap, here i go :p, sorry for the crappy pictures but i seriously DO suck at taking pictures :lol: :p .

clownfish010kd5.jpg

Shot at 2008-01-29

clownfish001vz1.jpg

Shot with Canon PowerShot S400 at 2008-01-29

clownfish002qg4.jpg

clownfish012tx0.jpg

Very nice pattern! I would certainly try to get some cyclopleeze. It seems to be universally loved by all fish. I get the frozen stuff that comes in a little squirt bottle.

ok good news .... i just saved money on geico :p :lol: :D .

no ok, he's finally eating !!! FINALLY he's eating Rod's food :D , he seems to also like the frozen formula 2 ( you know the red kind :p) .

but i think now i got a problem with my flasher wrasse... he looks like a dog begging for those bacon bisquits :lol: ... everytime i throw some ORA in the water, he's the only one who goes nuts about it :lol:

That's great! So finally got a flasher huh Gaby. You have a picture of him?

ya dood, a few months ago.
i bought her/him from Blazer88 (Rick) .
this is the only pic i got, it's really crappy as you can see :p but it moves way to fast, it has a cute upper fin thingy that when it's about to eat something it puts it up... it's really cute :D

family010ur6.jpg

Shot with Canon PowerShot S400 at 2007-12-27

yay! very good news

hehe yeah :D .
By the way, thank you for offering the food :) .

That's nice! I saw it when he was selling it. I was gonna buy it but decided you would want it more.

LOL!!! :lol: .
it'd have been funny if you would have ended up with this one too :lol:

Back