Pickling Lime

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brettandlyndi

Hi all,

I'm wondering where I can purchase some pickling lime from? I've been using Ball Pickling Lime for my kalkwasser for over a year now (love that stuff), and am just about out of it. I went to our local wal-mart, but they didn't have any pickling lime. I'm aware that Ball stopped producing their pickling lime, so I'm okay with getting Mrs. Wages. Anyone know where I can pick this stuff up?

I get it at my local Food Lion for $3.29 ....... PS. I hate food lion

Brett, I've had a real hard time finding anything locally, also. I was told it was seasonal around here. Apparently, I've never figured out when IN season is yet, either.

I was also going to offer the above link, found off of www.mrswages.com

Thanks for the welcome. I feel a bit intimidate with the amount of posts here. I have mostly been on smaller forums.

check wally world in the spring/summer time by the ball jars and other canning supplies i found mine there a month or two ago for 2.50 a jar

get comfy Ian, theres a few of us here from one of the "other smaller forums", though some like myself lurk in the shadows mostly

Last edited:
discoStu said:
Thanks for the welcome. I feel a bit intimidate with the amount of posts here. I have mostly been on smaller forums.

don't be intimidated. the people here are the nicest you will find. a high post count just means you have too much free time:lol:

where's Krish?:razz:

Thanks everyone for the replies, and thanks returnofsid for the warm welcome. i'm just another freak too, and happy to be here.

I'll check our other wal-mart here in fresno, and see if i can find some. the one closest to my house didn't have any. if i can't find it locally, i'll definitely check out that link sherman and discostu provided. thanks all!

Sherman said:
Brett, I've had a real hard time finding anything locally, also. I was told it was seasonal around here. Apparently, I've never figured out when IN season is yet, either.

I was also going to offer the above link, found off of www.mrswages.com

Yeah, I heard the same thing about it being seasonal, and had no idea when "pickling season" was. Is a license required for it, like hunting? :lol: i'll let you know if i find anyplace here in fresno that carries it. i'll probably check out the big grocery stores around here, along with wal-mart and maybe k-mart in clovis.

Well I've checked a couple of the local Wal-marts here, and no one seems to have any. I really want to find it locally, because I'm gonna need it very soon. Has anyone had any luck finding it in chain grocery stores (Albertsons, Savemart, etc.)?

Back