Pics From Sunny WA (Western Australia)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Welcome to RF Poppie!!! I had to look twice because I thought your name was poopie(LOL) Glad you are here! Nice photos! I'm sure everyone here will definately appreciate them whether you think you are a photographer or not(LOL) Thanks for sharing and welcome to RF again!

Welcome to the forum! I have a aunt that lives in Perth, I can't stand her tho so I don't that I will be meeting you anytime soon.

Stunning colors! I second the motion for full tank shots. Do you get many chances to go diving there in Australia?

Your tank is gorgeous! Thank you for the teaser shots, but ya need to show us more!!
Nick

Thanks for the welcome and compliments.

Although the tank has been an SPS tank for only a year I have had marine tanks for over five years. I was hooked on SPS corals when I saw a video of reefs around Australia. Where we are situated in Perth is similar to LA in USA.
Although we have reefs around Perth they are semi temperate as we have a warm current that runs down past Perth so we get a mix of reefs but not tropical where most acros occur. Also every reef around Perth is part of a water park so no collecting is allowed.
I dive whenever I get a chance especially if we go north of Perth some 500 Kilometres to the Abrohlas Islands where the tropical reefs realy start.
Most of the SPS corals I have collected are purchase from local marine aquarium shops and swaps with other collectors. We are not allowed to import from overseas so we get things from the Barrier Reef in Queensland around to Karratha in Western Australia.

I'll post more pics as soon as my daughter returns my camera during the week.
This is the only full tank photo not the best but here goes.
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ckolzan/50.jpg

Poppie

chris&barb said:
looks nice! how about some full tank shots

Welcome to Reeffrontiers. Very nice tank. Nice and bright with colors :razz:

Chris & Barb >> Also....very nice clam tank. Sweet clams...really.

Jay

Back