Pics of 55 Gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jc130b

Everyone loves pics so here is some of mine. 55 Gal, been setup up for about 11 months now. Any comments or advice are welcome.

I'm using the Coralife 2-65 watt actinic and 2-65 watt 10000k. For what I have in the tank is seems to be good lights.

It's nice man...Are you planning on any new fish, corals etc in the future?Thanks for sharing the photos...We do love pics here:)

Thanks, Krish & Matt, I want to get more corals and stuff but I'm having a hard time getting my water parameters correct. I've been reading and posted on RC and nothing seems to work so I'm getting discouraged.

Nice tank shots Jc130b,What type of water problem's are you having.:?: I am sure that you will be able to find some help on RF.....Cabbage leather,Xenia and fish loook great...:D

Last edited:
jc130b said:
Thanks, Krish & Matt, I want to get more corals and stuff but I'm having a hard time getting my water parameters correct. I've been reading and posted on RC and nothing seems to work so I'm getting discouraged.

Give us a clue as to what is goin on, and we'll go from there!:D

Great looking tank Dabears!!!

charlie said:
Give us a clue as to what is goin on, and we'll go from there!:D

Okay here we go>> History Tank was started in Feb 2005 and cycled for about 8 weeks all water pararmeters were perfect!! Introduced all fish about 2 weeks later.
1- Coral angle
2- Neon gobies (one died in Oct 2005)
2- Clowns
1- Yellow wrasse
1- Yellow tang
I had a prizme skimmer and a canister filter (which I cleaned once a week) about August me nitrates started going to 80 with water changes I got nitrates down to 20. Late August I bought a used refuge and early Sept I added cheato and my nitrates went to 80 again. I removed the canister filter and prizem skimmer and added a seaclone skimmer. In Dec I vacuumed (blew off rocks) every inch of CC that I could get to without removing rocks and I did this for a week everyday with a 5-10 gal water change. I got my nitrates down to 20 and that is where they stayed. In the mean time I also started my canister filter back up with nitrate sponge in it. Late Dec I added
1- Kenya tree
2 different types- xania
1- purple mushroom
1- pylop
1-red seaweed to fuge.
2-cleaner shimp
misc snails and hermit crabs
To date I have all the live stock listed, I have about 4' DSB in fuge (lots of pods, use to have some brisstle worms but I don't see them anymore) and cheato. I have the canister filter running with nitrate sponge in it. I have charcol in fuge. I get very very little waste from skimmer.

Problem I have a little bit of red slim in fuge (for about 4 weeks now) and it is now starting to show up in main tank. My water parameters are all screwed up, and I vacuum CC about once a week with a 5 gallon water change. I use ro/di water and it has been tested and is good.
Water parameters are:
Saltily-1.025
Calcium-600+
Alkalinity-2.29
Phosphate-1.0
PH-7.4-7.8 (had a hard time reading stripe)
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-20-40 (varies)
I'm using Salifert test kits and Oceanic salt (which if I can make to a store today I'm going to buy IO salt). I feed about 5 times a week and they eat Mysis shrimp up in about 1.5 minutes. Once a week I give them brine shimp and formula 2 and seaweed selects ( I don't think I'm feeding to much the way they eat the food so fast, but I could be wrong).
Sorry so long any help would be appricated.
Thanks, Jayme

Back