Pics of my 12 gal FOWLR and the beginning of my Biocube 29 build!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Love the firefish!! I have a 29 cube, and I gotta tell ya it is the best tank I've had yet ^_^ Perfect size :) Welcome aboard!!!

Love the firefish!! I have a 29 cube, and I gotta tell ya it is the best tank I've had yet ^_^ Perfect size :) Welcome aboard!!!
Oh yay! A fellow Cubie! :rockon:
So, would you mind telling me about your tank mods? I just ordered an inTank media basket. I just plan on keeping softies for now so I'm sticking with stock lighting. What have you changed on your tank as far as filtration and flow?

Thanks!

Sweet, what other mods are you planning?

I just picked up a new biocube 29 today, it's replacing a standard 29 gallon. I'm not sure what mods to do to mine yet.

Oh yay! A fellow Cubie! :rockon:
So, would you mind telling me about your tank mods? I just ordered an inTank media basket. I just plan on keeping softies for now so I'm sticking with stock lighting. What have you changed on your tank as far as filtration and flow?

Thanks!

Not at all!! :D

So I bought mine used from another reefer, who included quite a bit of parts and equipment with it. A media basket was one of those items, but mine looks like it was originally for a different type of tank, because it doesn't quite fit well in the back (it's a little small). Still does the trick though! It has three sections in which I have biological sponges in the first two and rubble rock in the third. I created a refugium in the back and have a ball of chaeto that tumbles about on top of some more rubble rock.
As far as flow, the return pump inlcuded with the tank (I can't tell you what type of pump it is, because frankly I don't know! :p ) has such a powerful return that I didn't really need to add any additional powerheads. I did add one very lax powerhead pointed directly at my frogspawn to provide a gentle flow.

With regards to lighting, I bought a new LED light to test it out and see if I like the results in regards to coral growth and color. So far, so good!

What kind of softies are you looking to put in?

Last edited:
Hey Noobs. I want to put xenia, toadstool, tree, mushrooms, colony polyps.....I think, definitely don't know a lot about corals yet, but learning.

I'm going to put floss, chemipure, purigen in chamber one of my basket and them cheato and a little light (prob rubble too) in the fuge chamber.

Sound good?

Do any of you know how to post photobucket pics as pics and not links??? I can get it to work on ReefCentral but not this site.

Hey Noobs. I want to put xenia, toadstool, tree, mushrooms, colony polyps.....I think, definitely don't know a lot about corals yet, but learning.

I'm going to put floss, chemipure, purigen in chamber one of my basket and them cheato and a little light (prob rubble too) in the fuge chamber.

Sound good?

Sounds like a good start to me, especially if you are sticking with the stock lighting. You don't want to add too many corals that need a little more in the light department.

Back