pics of my new setup 150gal system

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

prow

hey guy just wanted to share my new setup with everyone. its a month old. here is some tank shots.

thanks,
some of the sump pics are before adding lights others after. the rock i am using has been in a tank for just over a year, curing. the water was kept at perfect parameters for any reef. the tank is full of pods and such. the sand is new though. i moved a couple of the corals i had in another tank, i am taking down, into this one. just wanted post some pics before i started to stock it. here is the low down on the tank as it is now.

tank:72X18X20 (120ish gal) with about 150lbs LR
sump: 45gal long/refugium(20X12) with cheato under 2X36watt pc's
skimmer: ASM G3- "this bad boy rocks"
chiller: jbj arctica 1/4hp-a sweet chiller
sump return pump is a sedra 1200gph, plumbed through chiller then tank. getting about 600gph through sump/refugium.
hardware: tunze streamer 6000 with singal controller, 3 maxijet 900's on wave maker, have heater(a good one) but forgot the name to lazy to go look. pinpoint ph monitor
auto top off via typhoon 3 RO/DI system.
lighting: 6X80watt T5's with tek reflectors running on 2 660 icecap ballast.

tankmates: bunch of different snails. 2 percula clowns and a yellow watchman. couple corals, red open brain, met green brain, candy cane. thats it for now, the leather you see in the pic is gone. most future corals will be sps. will post some more pic's as i go.

Last edited:
thanks, the tank looks better live. i just can not seem to take good tank shots. you can hardly see the met. green brain and that guy is really bright. the candy cane is a different color, its more purple with green and i see like no coraline but its there. just dont know how to take a good tank pic. any tips?
yeah the rock work came out really nice. across the top it's 12"wide. i have lots of spots for my corals. cant wait till to till i start adding my sps. will be adding about 10 1" frags in about 2 weeks. i definitly post pic of the new arivals when i get them.

prow - it looks awesome! Can't wait to see it mature!

Dr. Dee - in the tank specs, the skimmer was listed as the G-3.

yeah its the G3. an FYI on it, its in 12.5" of water and works just as good as it did in when i had it in 8". they are not real clear on the correct water levels it should be in. i over filled the the sump to see how it would do. it was rocking in 15" on water, no issues with not being able to suck in air.

i didn't even see the corals at first.
i noticed that too. i have not fig out how to take good tank shots yet, working on that. the colors are just off a bit. can not get the purples or greens to show. but they do show up when i take micro/close up pic's of individuals. anyone have any tips?? i have a canon powershot s400 4.0 mega plxels. i dont even know if this is a good camera for taking "underwater" pic's.

Back