pics with no light

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

roscoe

So I was bored the other day and was playing with my camera and wanted to take some pics of my corals but the lights wasn't on yet. I played around on a few settings and got some cool pics of what your corals look like with no lights on in a really dim room. Using just what ever natural light that was in the room these are some pics I got. Nothing special but I thought it was cool and now I know how to shoot pics in a dim or dark room and still get bright clear pics.

IMG_3941.jpg

IMG_3935.jpg

IMG_3933-1.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

I was able to come up with some really cool pics using an led flashlight only in complete dark and pointing it top down while takeing the pic through the front of the tank try that next time it really makes the corals pop and you get the night time look with the polyps out feeding.. cool shadows too

Whats the first one on the second post?

That is the ATL Passion Fruit.

I was able to come up with some really cool pics using an led flashlight only in complete dark and pointing it top down while takeing the pic through the front of the tank try that next time it really makes the corals pop and you get the night time look with the polyps out feeding.. cool shadows too

I might have to try that next time. thanks Andy

nice pics Sarang. I really like the one of the lokani.

Thanks Aston and that is the Hawkins Enchinata. Looks different without the lights blasting on it. I really need to get a zoom and or macro lens because I can't reach 50% of my corals with a 55mm lens.

Wow I would have never guessed. Looks totally different. The hawkins was one of my favorites before It fell onto one of my chalices and we know who won that battle.

Yeah I feel you on that. I lost a few SPS in the 40b due to the ground of death as i called it LOL. It was a sure death for any SPS that fell onto the floor of the tank LOL.

nice pics Roscoe. i just got a nikon 5000 over the weekend and are starting to take pics of my reef pretty soon after a read through the manauls.
what settings did you use to take these shots?

nice pics Roscoe. i just got a nikon 5000 over the weekend and are starting to take pics of my reef pretty soon after a read through the manauls.
what settings did you use to take these shots?

I shot it in the P mode. I don't know what it stands for as I hate reading manuals LOL. I was just messing around with the camera on each setting and that setting captured the suject the best in a dim room.

I shot it in the P mode. I don't know what it stands for as I hate reading manuals LOL. I was just messing around with the camera on each setting and that setting captured the suject the best in a dim room.

Mode P
in this mode, the camera automatically adjusts shutter speed and aperture for optimal exposure in most situations this mode is recommended for snapshots and other situations in which you want to leave the camera in charge of shutter speed and aperture.

Mode P
in this mode, the camera automatically adjusts shutter speed and aperture for optimal exposure in most situations this mode is recommended for snapshots and other situations in which you want to leave the camera in charge of shutter speed and aperture.

Thanks for the info Apollo! I didn'tnow that. I would if I read the manual LOL. If I can only find it now.

Back