Pink Tip Haitian Anemone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mtpvteye

has any one EVER had success keeping one of these in a reef tank with polyps and zoas and other fish like gobies and blennies and grammas. i have and oportunty to get a little one and have just the safe well lit spot to stick him. a crevice really. tell me some stories.

I received an PTH anemone from saltwaterfish.com as a freebie a few months back and I placed it in a moderate flow area between a few rocks hoping he would establish this as his new home. The following morning, he was gone, I looked everywhere in my 90gal and to this day I have yet to find him. Not the greatest experience but never know he may show up and surprise me.

Condylactis anemone are typically pretty hardy. I've never had one, so cannot relate a personal story. However, the reason I've never had one is because they are more likely to eat fish than host anything.

ya well my freind and i put together an order on saltwater fish and it kicked up that freebie thing and i knew she had an anemone tank. lol stupid me ordered that thinking she would want it. well she doesnt. i dont think i want it either. just put new fish in tank from qt and i better not take a chance. guess i'll have to give it away. i have too many other things it can hurt anyway plus i love my royal gramma! and he's still small! shoulda got the cleaner clam....

Back