pinpoint

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mark peacock

marine67
:?:Hi how would you rate pinpoint monitors are they as accurate as they say i have a thermostat which i bought a week ago and its giving me a 1 degree difference than the one i was using, so do i go with pinpoint monitor.
your views
regards mark

I can only say that The PH monitors made by Pinpoint are die-hards to me atleast.

I have had issues with my Neptune Controller giving bad readings. I bought a new no-name probe and cal fluid and it calibrated then went off.

The pinpoint still reads right.

As far as temperature ? I know Neptune's are calibrated at there store and come with a piece of paper to tell you how much to offset it from nominal. Each one can be up to 3 degrees different- so they said.

The ca one is expensize but keep in mind it's been used to double check test kits etc. Not best for continous use-Think about this ! Your Alkalinity will change and get off allot before the calcium will and that will drop allot slower!!

I'd rather see an alkalinity meter- As Of yet I know of none!!

Paul

You might try reef mystique as they had one a year ago!

ranco controllers are really nice, the relays are heavy duty to kick on chillers, heaters,fans. real reliable too. the controlls up to 1 degree swing

i have just purchased a pinpoint nitrate and calcium monitors from america just waiting for them to arrive so i am going with them thanks for your views
mark

Back