Please help ID, Pic inside

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kurt

I do not know what they are but there are three on my live rock. They seem to be growing. Thanks for the info

DCP_3435_Small_.JPG

yellow star polyps....

eazy... Grow very fast...

most people will tell you to rip em out, (cause then can take over your tank)

Combat with more agressive coral :)
or just pinch and remove.....

i have a nice cluster that has grown like crazy in the last year. but has not spread off the rock it came on...

i have a qt tank that had one polyp. It broke lose and i saw in floating around, cought it, thur it in the qt like a month b4 it was set up...

its growing back after all it went thur... 2 weeks with no light and no heat.

Yellow polyps as others have said. If you keep them, keep the rock away from other rocks so you can control the population from covering your tank.

sorry leave it or remove them? Or just wait to see if they get out of hand?

What do I feed them if I leave them in?

Though Garfs says they are predatory to Poccilipora, I have never seen nor heard of one being predatory on any coral yet see them cleaning algae all the time. I love them...

I have them and have never had a problem with them bothering corals. They multiply by dividing so where there is one there will probably be more.

Candy

Looks alot that starfish. Are they ok to have?

Check out the thread I linked at the bottom of my last post. You'll find some discussion on the topic. I've not encountered any predatory, but it is debateable by some folks.

Back