please help me identify my PO4 test kit!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It looks to me to be a Hagen Phosphate Test Kit by Rolf C. Hagen Corp. Sold primarily in the UK and Australia. http://www.hagen.com/uk/

I cannot find any instructions online, you might ask an employee at a fish store to copy instructions from another box.

Hope this helps.

yes... but

that's exactly what it is according to the bottle, well spotted. i also did a fruitless internet search using the name.
i was hoping someone on here had that kit and could copy the instructions down here for me.... :razz: :| :)

Adam - I don't think that helps..... here is what it says. Nice try but it says to follow the instructions with the kit.

Instructions for Use

A- Dilution

To use the Hagen test kit, dilute the urine sample with distilled water. To do this, use 10 drops urine, plus distilled water to the fill line. Then follow the instructions with the kit.

almost....

getting closer all the time - that's the kit all right, and the #3 bottle is glass. only thing missing is the instructions:

"To use the Hagen test kit, dilute the urine sample with distilled water. To do this, use 10 drops urine, plus distilled water to the fill line. Then follow the instructions with the kit..........To calculate your results in mg/l, multiply your result by 10 if you used 10 drops and multiply by 100 if you used 1 drop."

hmmm

thanks for the help, fellas, i appreciate it. here's some pics from my tank:

mattseattle said:
Adam - I don't think that helps..... here is what it says. Nice try but it says to follow the instructions with the kit.

Instructions for Use

A- Dilution

To use the Hagen test kit, dilute the urine sample with distilled water. To do this, use 10 drops urine, plus distilled water to the fill line. Then follow the instructions with the kit.

:lol: maybe i should have proof read it

take a sample of the water and fill the test tube to the 5 ml line
>add 3 drops of regent 1, insert cap and shake well
>add 3 drops of regent 2 and shake well
>add 3 drops of regent 3 (simply invert the galss bottle and product will self dispence with in 3 to 5 seconds) then cap it and shake well.
>wait 2 minutes for the color to develop and then match it to the chart.

>then rinse out the tube

hope it helps

Mike

hmmm

maybe someone pinched the instructions leaflet from the box outta the shop. i would never have chucked out something good like that, or a colour chart :confused:

now i'm gonna hafta go back to that shop, hope they have more of the same, and obtain another leaflet/colour chart :evil: :badgrin:

Last edited:
Those are the instructions off the chart/instructions. As per the chart, yep their on the back of the manual, lol. Let me play and see if I can scan this puppy for ya

Mike

/me does backflips with happiness

i wanna bear your children. is there a rating function in this forum, cos you get a maximum from me.

thanks matey (and to all who helped) :oops: :D :D :D

Well thats the first time I have gotten that responce from a post before, lol

Glad it helped

Mike

Back