Please Identify

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

76Frags

I looked on coralpedia, and I'm thinking whammin watermelon.
Agree/disagree?

45823_1422829403186_1006239546_30967632_3713126_n.jpg

id

id say so but they also look like some kind of morph of a whammin watermelon or eagle eye wait for finn im sure he could help id a little better

Here's another picture where they are opened up a little more with better coloration.
(just because) :)
So they are eagle eyes only? or are they a morph?

41207_1422904845072_1006239546_30967872_5468918_n.jpg

IMO, the whammin water melons are a deeper red and the eagle eyes can have the white in them that you see in the picture.

Here's what I was compairing to from coralpedia (whammin watermelon). I looked again at all the eagle eye pics, and I can definitely see the similarity. Is there any specific feature other than the deep color that sets them apart? Maybe it's my camera. I always feel like I can't ever capture the actual color anyways - but i'm shooting through the front of the glass. lol.

main.php

You know, it's all just a matter of opinion, and my opinion is that the whammin water melons and eagle eyes are pretty much the same thing. Just small differences in color shades.
I also think all the different names for different zoanthids and palys with slight differences in colors is a little nuts, or done to make money.

I can see them now!!

Finn and I have had several discussion on this subject, Eagle Eye vs. Whammin' Watermelons, and I have to agree with him. It seems last time he and I talked about it, he hit it right on the head, with "POP." Whammin' Watermelons seem to have a more intense color, that "POPS." I believe the picture above are Eagle Eyes.

I've been an avid zoa collector for a while, and pretty much agree with the fact that eagle eyes and whammin watermelon are almost identicle. However, from most of what I've seen, the watermelons have a little bit brighter of a green ring, and more intense pinkish. The eagle eyes can be closer to an orange to salmon color in the center.

Thanks for all the feedback! I have others that I'm trying to photograph, but the colors are really affected by the lighting on my tank. I have what I believe is a colony of pink wagon wheels, but everytime I take the pictures the pink looks white :/

Back