hi all,

i am stressing big time

ph 8.3
kh9
po4 3.3
nitates 5 ( lots of fish)
sg 1026
ca 400

i have 6 x 54watt ati power module and a 400watt 12k reeflux bulb with coralvue ballast,

my sps on the one side of the tank are burning and the other side is fine,

i have a lumen bright reflector and had it angle to one side the side that is fine had the reflector angle pointed towards it,

pls whay are my sps burning i will attach pictures

Please be more specific on "burning"
What size tank and what type fish?

Your phosphates and nitrates are too high for most sps, do better water changes and or get a better skimmer/fuge/ live rock, etc.

i have a lumen bright reflector and had it angle to one side the side that is fine had the reflector angle pointed towards it,

Please clarify - the side of the tank with the reflector pointed at it is fine (SPS have their normals colours) while the side without the reflector aimed at it has the problems (SPS not looking normal)?

oops meant 0.33,

the the lumen bright was at a 30 deg angel and the corals at which where recieving the 30 deg lite are fine but the sps direct under the ref burnt.........soooooo

well i think, it is brown as in brittle, i will post pics, been keeping sps for 4 yrs first time this happening

oops meant 0.33,

the the lumen bright was at a 30 deg angel and the corals at which where recieving the 30 deg lite are fine but the sps direct under the ref burnt.........soooooo

Well I think the phosphates are your issue. 0.3 is way too high for sps. Try getting that down doing multiple water changes and adding a phosphate reactor. You want 0 or super close like less than .01.:)

what multiple issues do u suggest

Still waiting for answers to my original questions and also would like to know the brand of test kits, but suspects in this order:
High phosphates
High nitrates and possibly Ammonia if Nitrates are this high
Lighting changes

Water needs changing

youve been keeping sps for 4 years and you are saying they are burning?
do you mean RTN or STN?
bleaching?
Browning out?
i also think the same as herefishyfishy

Back