Plumbing question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

milabfocker

I have plumbed some plastic tubs using pvc elbows connected to the bulkhead on the interior of the tubs for overflows. On the exterior of the tub I also have some elbows which connect to the bulkhead and are facing down to deliver water to the sump. I'm having a problem with very loud and excessive gurgling. I was thinking of replacing the exterior elbow with a tee and plugging the outlet of the tee that faces up with a plug that has had a hole drilled into it. I'm hoping this will allow air into the overflow and help reduce the gurgling. I'm not sure if this would even work and am seeking advice from anyone who might know if this would work or has any other ideas on how to resolve this problem.

Thanks,
Brandon

Yeah the durso or stockman standpipes usually elimintate gurgling, but I got mine to work with just an elbow on my overflow. I think what helped too was I put a Tee in my sump where the water exits and it cancels out a lot of gurgling sounds:)

Here is a photo of my over flow as well as the input pipe coming into my sump. You can't even hear the water draining at all:)

Back