Plumbing Question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tdgates10

Designer Reef
I'm going to be transferring my 50 gal reef tank to a new 150 gal. The new tank has overflows and I'm going to be keeping the sump in my basement (directly below tank in basement). Does anyone have suggestions on the type of water lines to run through the floors of my house? I was thinking flexible tubing of some sort. Thanks

you can do it with either hard or flexible PVC, or a combination of both. Flexible is going to cost you more. Also flexible may have a tendancy to move over time so unless it's anchored to your sump somehow, you may be better off with the regular ridgid PVC.

Anyone know what it is? I have seen several tanks with the use of this type of plumbing

I'd hard PVC the long runs & most connections & use the flex when you need to make weird offsets & tight spots. If you can anchor using straps found at your local hardware, it helps.
Not sure on the green stuff, you have to look at wall thickness of at least schedule 40 otherwise it may not hold up over time, also make sure it is designed for water.

Back