PNWMAS Bandwidth exceeded?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

They are looking into this.
I know they just changed servers and went with a bigger server. Seems funny you can out grow one in just a few months that was alot bigger.
Might be something on their end.

It will be back........... I'm sure.

Are you talking about something on your club page or has this to do with Reef Frontiers??

Mojo

Ok cool I wasnt sure if they had their club listed here and some how I wiped it out?? lol

Mojo

Lol....I think your web admin should try and sort out why this keeps happening, or recruit the assistance of someone that can. I do agree you can outgrow quickly but maybe you guys should see what sites like RC, R2R, NR, TRT, ORCA, SCR, and here do as I don't recall any of those experiencing that issue and most of those, if not all are much larger clubs or forums. Not saying they havent,....I just don't recall it happening.

It isn't really hard to do....I just did maintainance on my works site to avoid just this.....took like 5 minutes.

Mojo....this has nothing to do with RF....its their local thing.
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

It happened in the past due to club/website growth.
We recently went to a new and larger server. So this one is really confusing to me as we should have had plenty of room for growth. But hey if we grew that much in the last six months....... then cool for us!!

But this is, like I said, with a new and larger server so I hope it is just a fluke!

But yes we have members that are "webmasters" and handle those matters. All of which do it for free in their own time. I'm sure RC and some others pay for that service.
But Eric you should know that! ;)

Last edited:
It happened in the past due to club/website growth.
We recently went to a new and larger server. So this one is really confusing to me as we should have had plenty of room for growth. But hey if we grew that much in the last six months....... then cool for us!!

But this is, like I said, with a new and larger server so I hope it is just a fluke!

But yes we have members that are "webmasters" and handle those matters. All of which do it for free in their own time. I'm sure RC and some others pay for that service.
But Eric you should know that! ;)

Agreed, but this is kinda like the whole traffic lane thing....by the time they add a new lane they are already in need of another. You guys should make a big jump to avoid this in the future....you know what I mean?
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

If you hitting bandwidth limitations, you may need to adjust you service contract and do like us and pay for unlimited, also look at the server statistics and see exactly what is causing so much traffic, if it is users then you need the upgrade.

If you hitting bandwidth limitations, you may need to adjust you service contract and do like us and pay for unlimited, also look at the server statistics and see exactly what is causing so much traffic, if it is users then you need the upgrade.

Thanks for the advice. I will pass it along to the 'web' guys.
Like I said we just recently changed servers.... so I hope it was just a "blip".

Really? I just looked and it's working fine for me. The first time it happened was because they were using a shared server because it was less expensive and as the forum grew they over used their allotted bandwith :eek:. Nice problem to have I would say!

This time not sure what happened as I am not a computer tech type person!

Sooooo moderators forum gurus.... How does the PNWMAS go about getting a spot in the local club forum on this site?:)

Last edited:
I'm not saying for sure that this is what was causing the problem.
But it sounds as though a configeration setup was set up wrong or overlooked when we switched servers and has since been fixed.
PNWMAS.org should be good to go now, so I have been told.

Really? I just looked and it's working fine for me. The first time it happened was because they were using a shared server because it was less expensive and as the forum grew they over used their allotted bandwith :eek:. Nice problem to have I would say!

This time not sure what happened as I am not a computer tech type person!

Sooooo moderators forum gurus.... How does the PNWMAS go about getting a spot in the local club forum on this site?:)

Check this out!
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f238/welcome-pnwmas-59335/#post602687

Back