Votes: 5 9.6%
  • 2-3 times a week

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Krish

RF STAFF
Surprised we never had a poll on this!! How often do you feed your fish? If you like, you can state what type of fish you are feeding going on the schedule you voted for. :)

Other explain = once a day sometimes most of the time its twice a day

2 Wrasses
4 Tangs
2 clowns
1 psuedo
1 mandarin

Thats all i can think of right now LOL im at work

I feed all fish once a day and on tank1,2 & 3 supply half sheet of nori or other seaweed, either rubber banded to a rock on a clip two to three times a week. And Actually, every once in a while, like twice a month, I skip a day of feeding.

Tank 1
Yellow Tang, Hawaiian Saddle Wrasse, Pajama Cardinal, 2 Orange Ocellaris Clowns, 2 Black Ocellaris Clowns, Red Mandarinfish, Dwarf Golden Moray Eel (whom gets feed when he wants to eat, maybe 3-5 times a week)

Tank 2
1 large female Saddleback Clown, Bristletooth Tomini Tang, 2 Zebra Stripe Dartfish

Tank 3
4 Blue Head Chromis, Yellow Aust. Assessor Basslet, Orange Shoulder Tang, Blue Hippo Tang, Green Spotted Mandarin, 2 Ranfordi Gobies, Flame Hawkfish

Tank 4
1 Picasso Clown (male), 1 Platimum Clown (female), Black Stripe Chromis, Tailspot Blennie, Diamond Goby

Tank 5 (frag tank)
Pair Yellow tail Chromis

Last edited:
I regularly feed twice a day. Both a meaty frozen food and about 2/3 of large sheet of Nori.

Large Pair of Naso Tangs
Large Asfur angel
Tomini Tang
Double bar rabbit fish
Multicolor angel
Splendid leopard wrasse
2 dottibacks
Pair Black and white clown
Pair false Percs
12 Chromis
I am sure I am forgetting somebody . . .

I use to feed my fish once a day in the evenings. I'd toss in a small bit and when it was all gone then repeat the procedure. Now this not because I am cheap and don't want to waste food but hate a dirty tank and don't want it contaminating my tank :p

I feed the 200 at least twice a day, with a variety of quality frozen foods and algae. Fish consist of:

Red Headed Scotts Fairy Wrasse
4 Lined Wrasse
Swiss Guard Basselet
Mandarin Dragonette
Scooter Dragonette
Pair of B/W Occellaris
Pink Anthias
Tomini Tang
Foxface Rabbit
6-8 Peppermint Shrimp
4 or 5 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Blood Cleaner Shrimp
Seems like I'm forgetting something....lol

I feed the 40 1 or 2 times daily.

Pair of Percula Clowns
Starry Blenny

I feed Angie's Nano 1 or 2 times daily.

1 Percula Clown
Scooter
Trima Goby

I feed once in the morning and once at night with a high quality marine flake, and every other day or so I substitute a good meaty food in the evening. I also have some frozen algae cubes for my tangs once in a while (there is plenty of algae in my tank that they pick at). I have lots of fish, so I want to make sure they all get plenty. I also have lots of inverts in my CUC, so I'm not too concerned about extra food finding it's way to the bottom.

I feed one a day mostly, occasionally I will take some seaweed I bought from the store, rubber band it to a small rock and drop it in. the blenny goes crazy for it. I was thinking about feeding twice a day because the blenny and wraisse go crazy at feeding time, like they haven't eaten for days.

1 starry blenny
1 watchman goby
1 two spotted goby
1 six line wraisse

I hatch and feel baby brine every day along with live blackworms. They also get almost every day fresh clam and mysis. In the summer I collect tiny fish and amphipods to feed. Depending on the fish sometimes I collect sponges from floating docks.
I have 15 fish and they are all target fed.
There is also an automatic feeder that adds some flakes and pellets soaked in fish oil. The pellets are for the spawning fish that don't come out to feed and they eat at night.

I feed 3-4 times a day, as most of the fish I keep (angels and tangs) eat continuously in the wild...might explain why i havent had an any issue with fish bother corals thus far.

I know that you are supposed to feed twice a day, but I typically manage only once in the evening.
2 Occ clowns
1 Leopard wrasse
1 gold-spot goby
1 Green Mandarin
1 Dog face puffer
1 hippo tang

1 longnose hawkfish

gets fed every other day, he's happy with it. But now that he resides in my roomie's aquarium he gets fed every 2-3 days.

I hatch and feel baby brine every day along with live blackworms. They also get almost every day fresh clam and mysis. In the summer I collect tiny fish and amphipods to feed. Depending on the fish sometimes I collect sponges from floating docks.
I have 15 fish and they are all target fed.
There is also an automatic feeder that adds some flakes and pellets soaked in fish oil. The pellets are for the spawning fish that don't come out to feed and they eat at night.

Oh, boy, those are some spoiled fishies!

For people who feed more than once a day, is there a recommended gap of time to wait? Just wondering if waiting 2 hours is essentially feeding my fish one extended feeding instead of two?

I typically feed 3 times a day
am= 1 cube each of Mysis and Spirulina-Brineshrimp, midday= a pinch of flakes and a mix of green, brown & red algae sheets, pm= 1 cube each of 50-50 Plus bloodworm/mysis/brineshrimp and Mysis to 16 fish consisting of: Yellow Tang, Powder Blue Surgeonfish, Kole Tang, Ornate Leopard Wrasse, Radiant Wrasse, Flame Hawk, Bi-color Blenny, Tailspot Blenny, pr of Bangaii Cardinals, pr of Occelaris clowns, pr of Dragonface Pipefish, Azure Demoiselle and a Target Mandarin Goby pheww
On new set-up am thinking of running my auto-feeder for a couple additional midday feedings of a sinking pellet.

Cheers, Todd

I’ve cut back a lot in the past months but I am still feeding I would say twice a day. First feeding is shortly after lights on and consists of a cube of krill and a cube of mega marine algae. After an hour or so I feed a full sheet of nori. 6 tangs, 1 fox face, 4 clowns, 1 angle, 2 shark nose cleaner gobies, 1 purple dotty back, 3 skunk cleaner shrimp, 1 coral banded PIMB shrimp, and a fist full of damsels. I think that’s it.

when I feed four times a day, I feed in a 3-4 hr interval..and I have my skimmer running and dont turn off my closed loops..

Todd, when in the heck did you get sooo many fish ???

I used to feed just once a day but I have stepped up to two times a day. I think my fish really appreciate it overall! Especially because I have smaller, active fish.

Back