Votes: 42 57.5%
  • Those who have a reactor

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Those who do a combo of both

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Those who don't do anything

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters
I dose two part according to the guide at http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/rhf/index.php, the alkalinity part is just baking soda and water and the calcium is calcium chloride I picked up from bulkreefsupply. 15 bucks in supplies will last me 25 years or so at my current consumption.

Alkalinity is quite a bit less concentrated in saltwater than calcium and therefore drops significantly faster percentage-wise, so I dose the alk part into my ATO water so it is continuously added throughout the day while the calcium is fine just every 3 days or so or even weekly if I'm lazy. Works really well and doesn't need any extra equipment or much attention.

I added the poll for you and moved it to the poll section. You guys can now vote. Also adjusted poll for those that chimed in already:)

We use BRS two part and Mg. We dose Alk and Ca daily and Mg as needed (not often)

sweet thread i am starting to dose brs 2 part have a reactor setup waiting for me to install

how much do you guys dose of each substance...per day or per week...what are you using to dose with(pump or slow drip) looking into by a liter miter

You left out an option on the poll. I don't dose anything, and don't have any reactors. Crazy you say? All my perameters are good, and my livestock is healthy. Stable PH, almost 0 nitrates, Great calcium and mag levels, alk is a little high.
Keep up on the water changes, and have a good balance of livestock/cleaners, and it is possible. For a long time, I didn't even use a skimmer.:eek::D

>Justforfun
I dose using Bulk reef supply 2-part recipe 1.
I have ~160gallon system and I currently dose 150ml alk and Ca per day.
I use two dosing pumps and an Apex to spread the dose over 24 hours.
After I finish a gallon of each part of recipe 1, I do a two day drip of ~600ml Mg.

You left out an option on the poll. I don't dose anything, and don't have any reactors. Crazy you say? All my perameters are good, and my livestock is healthy. Stable PH, almost 0 nitrates, Great calcium and mag levels, alk is a little high.
Keep up on the water changes, and have a good balance of livestock/cleaners, and it is possible. For a long time, I didn't even use a skimmer.:eek::D

I added the option for you so you can now vote :)

What salt are you using? All your elements are being provided by the salt. Do you have a lot of corals needing the supplements?

>Justforfun
I dose using Bulk reef supply 2-part recipe 1. I currently dose 150ml alk and Ca per day.

:shock:

thats almost 15 grams of caco3, which is like 8" worth of acro every day. and here i was stoked when my tank started using a whole 3ml pipette per day lol.

thanks a lot NWDiver now I need a big tank

Back