• Those who have a reactor

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Those who do a combo of both

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Those who don't do anything

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters
KISS method no mixing or dosing

From March of 2004, I have 2 main tanks 75 gallon full of sps and 150 LPS softie tank with Moderate fish load. I do a 13 gallon water change every 2 weeks on the 75. And a 13 gallon water change on the 150 weekly Oceanic salt for the sps tank and Instant Ocean for the 150. This ballence works for me as I have all the free RODI water I can use ;)

What salt are you using? All your elements are being provided by the salt. Do you have a lot of corals needing the supplements?

I use instant ocean salt mix, and have a pretty good amount of LPS and SPS corals. I had an overstocked 75 gallon, and recently moved it all into a 180+40 sump, so now I'm only moderately stocked. I've been doing 20 gallons new water every week.

I have a calcium reactor that I will be installing this week. I will be adding mag media in it as well. I have never dosed, but now I see my tank is using more than just water changes give.

awesome-o thats great info glad to hear the sparse differnces between everyone's own way of doing things

I use Bulk reef supply 2-part recipe 1 and it has kept my lvls constant since I started, I used to just dose powder form and I could never remember when I had done it last and when to do it next and how much to add so I had spikes in lvls. After Switching to the everyday dosing my tank has looked considerably better and my Corals have started to flourish.

I have a calcium reactor dosing my 210 reef. All I add extra is iodine. I will be ading some neomag to my reactor in a few weeks when clean ans refill media.

From March of 2004, I have 2 main tanks 75 gallon full of sps and 150 LPS softie tank with Moderate fish load. I do a 13 gallon water change every 2 weeks on the 75. And a 13 gallon water change on the 150 weekly Oceanic salt for the sps tank and Instant Ocean for the 150. This ballence works for me as I have all the free RODI water I can use ;)

This one does not work for me since my reading on my 3 buckets of IO is 320 on CA.

kalk reactor, Calcium reactor and occasionally dose mag! I got tired of dosing constantly checking water parameters with varying levels. Now I only add kalk every two months, refill my co2 every six months, add mag a couple times a year and only check water parameters now well this week was the first time in the last six months and all were great!

Back