Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Custom Glass

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Custom Acrylic

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters
I chose glass because it is now my preferred tank but I have both;)
My tanks are,
29BC
110g FB Acrylic Hex
125g Glass

With Young kids, I'll never buy another acrylic tank until I know no kids will be rolling toy cars, ect.. across the front when I'm not around. lol

Casey

Aquanut,

I did a bing search and find some deep dimension tanks. However, the largest size I found was 300g. Do they make bigger??

Also, I thought acrylic was supposed to be clearer than glass?

What is the Difference Between Acrylic and Glass Aquariums?

If it appears that the fish are flying through the air and there is no distortion visible, glass is good enough for me. And you are correct that Marineland stocks up to 150-300g on the 36" width. Length is best for fish populations and width is best for clams and coral girth perimeters given a choice about gallons vs dimensions.

I have acrylic for earthquake safety...no shattered pile of glass nor cut up children in my classroom if we finally have the "big one" ;) I find it just as clear as glass, much lighter and thus easier to handle, and the number of times I've accidentally banged a rock against the side, well, it's probably best it isn't glass. Harder to remove the algae build-up, and I was disappointed not to be able to have sea urchins lest they scratch up the tank. On the whole though, I'm quite happy with my acrylic 50 gallon display.

good thing its not brain surgery!
a095.jpg

This is the tank I would like to see more of. Please

Back