Possible 240g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
my lfs told me today of a 240g w/ 55g sump, plumbing, and pump for $300..it used to be in his fish store ..he sold it to some guy for $1100....the guy needs to get rid of it..i may buy it..i don't have room anywhere for it right now, but it seems to good to pass up..my dad or brother may have extra storage space that i could keep it in...i am going to try to contact the guy tomorrow to go see it..my lfs owner said that it doesn't have scratches or anything wrong with it....what do you guys think?????

at $300 for a 240gallon and goodies...jump on it now, worry about storing it later....:D

MikeS

that's what i thought!!!! i just want to see if it really is in the condition he says

shes gonna be Holy hell heavy. I would use some other works in a situation but since the admins will have a stomping party on my post. ill just say this

what is the dimentions of the tank.

guess it really donesnt matter cause if you get it for that, the cost for lighting will be were the hole deal gets ya.

but let use know

oh no...i forgot..the lights are included!!!!!( i think VHO's) i will probably need to replace a few bulbs, but for $300 for the whole deal!!!!! you can't beat that!!! i could use the lights on my 125g if they aren't too long..$ 300 is what i was planning to spend on my lights next week for my 125g!!!! i may get my lights and an entire 240g setup for $ 300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well geting the tank is half the battle. the rest will be the LR. and runing it

bigger means more money, + more money on top of that.

i would jump on it if it looked good and was in good shape. but thats 2 big for me.

it's too big for me right now...if i do get it, i will put the tank and sump in storage and use the lighting for my 125g...if i got the tank now, all i would need would be more liverock,salt, and water..everything else is included....the guy mat actually have rock with it, i don't know...he didn't say...also, i don't know if a stand comes with it..i can get one made pretty easily though for free!!!

sounds like a good deal, why you still typeing?

(sound of car burning out)

my girlfriend was with me when my lfs owner told me about it..i couldn't ask for the details or the guys' number..i will be single if she finds out:mad: ..it's on the down low!!!!i'll put it in storage and nobody will ever know!!!!:badgrin: :badgrin:

lol your going down.

that why im working at this store. she said spend money on it.

(nothing about working for it)

ronj - do it for sure.:p If worse comes to worse you can sell it for more.:) That is how I got my 125 salt tank setup - $150 I was there with cash, 2 trucks and a loading crew the next day!! Got everything he had fish wise - extra filters etc. I just got a new drilled 210 at cost and ran like a theif figures in lansford bout 30 miles away there was a 180 for sale for around 300 with oak stand/canopy etc. I guess I will leave it and stay married. You can do a 240 with 2 guys if ya move it smart - my father and I moved the 210 from the store into my basement - no it is not a drive in - I'm 42 and he is 63 so it can be done but it is heavy for sure. So sweet - 240 should be 2 inches or so taller then the 210 - Great deal

ronj - do it for sure. If worse comes to worse you can sell it for more.
Brian,i thought about that as well!!! i could keep the lighting and still make a couple hundred bucks...hopefully my buddy and i can lift it..if not, we go to the gym for nothing:D
if so, you would be able to join the 240 club!
if i join the 240g club right now, i will be in the single guy club also!!LOL

Ron, I would buy and try to turn around and sell it for double the price. it will help to stock your new tank and pay for other things you may have. Thats what i would do.

Back