Possible 240g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

whats the minnimal requierment for the 240 club?

a 240 normally....to be honest it isnt even a "club" but more of a thought that you can talk to someone else that has the same tank as you.

Brian,i thought about that as well!!! i could keep the lighting and still make a couple hundred bucks...hopefully my buddy and i can lift it..if not, we go to the gym for nothing:D

if i join the 240g club right now, i will be in the single guy club also!!LOL

240's are even roomier than a Caddies trunk..hehehe

that sounds like an awesome deal dood !!!

get it get it get it !!! :D ...don't worry about the gf, she'd understand :D.
I agree with John that it'd cost quite some money to run the tank, but it'd be worth to see the corals and fishes swimming around :D .

ok, i just talked to the guy..he doesn't even live here anymore..the tank is still here at his old roommates house..it is like 5min from my house..at first he told me $500..i told him i didn't have that much right now....he said he was very flexible on the price because the tank just needs to be out of the house..he said he would take $250 for the tank, plumbing , and pump if i woiuld just come get the thing out of the house!!!!!!..he said the lights are not for sale..he also said that there is an empty 75g w/ stand that i could have if i wanted it!!!!! how crazy of a deal is this...the only thing that sucks is that i won't be able to get the lights!!! i am going to go take a look at the tank after his old roommate gets off work

well you're what i call my friends when they get lucky ....(Krish knows :p) i won't say it because i don't wanna get in trouble :D :p.
That is a very nice deal and on top of that a 75 gal tank :eek: !!! that's not fun :p .
Make sure you check it very good to see if it has any scratches or something else (to bad you can't test it for leaks :p) .
Just remember that your water bill and electricity bill is gonna go up :D but other than that, woouu ....... lucky mmmm.... :D .
About the lights, to me at least is good that you buy your own because you get to choose what you want :) .

I may live in an apartment, but even I'd get it! Just have to get rid of the couch...

if my 37 gal tank took was hard to get up to the 3rd floor, i can imagine how much pain would be to put a 240 here..... your friends would definetly have to really really really like you tons in order to help :p:D .

he said that you could barely see a few scratches when it was empty..he said when he put water in it that you couldn't really see them...i am just worried..i really don't have ANYWHERE to put it....my brother said he may have room in his storage building in like 2 weeks

Back