Post True Percula photos, its age (in your care), and its host (if any)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Elmo18

Clownfish
Hi All....its been awhile since I started a post here...still working on the workshop.

I'd like to see photos of your true perculas (single or a pair), and how long you've had them, and what it is hosting. Just something I am curious about...and need some data from you guys ;)

Where you got them is not necessary.

Best,
Ilham

Here's my female that was clown napped. :p I havn't seen a current picture of her since she left. Has anyone seen her???
Scott:)

Attachments

• clown3.JPG
    clown3.JPG
    43.1 KB
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for Ilham, but here are my clowns:) I've had them for roughly 9 months. They are the only clowns in my tank and live with 1 wrasse and 1 yellow tang. You may have remembered a while back I had a 3rd clown that died after only having him a few days, and that these two never got along. Well, they get along somewhat now. Atleast, the bigger one won't pick on the smaller one anymore and will allow him to swim past him and will go next to him sometimes. They are both doing pretty good and look nice and healthy:)

This one is not the greatest picture, but this is the big fellow I just took last night

Here are the two of them together also taken last night

I had a photo I took last night showing the side of the big clown with all of his markings, but the photo came out a bit dark and I deleted it. I will see if it is still in the camera and if so, I will try and lighten it up and post that one as well. Hope this helps some:)

Just checked, but I deleted it from there as well:doubt: If you want some better shots, let me know and I'll take some more:)

hehe Krish that's cute of you, but he only wants "true" perculas .
I do like the pictures though.

Well then what the heck do I have??? I thought they were perculas? Are they false perculas? If so, that's a stupid rule!!! A percula should be a percula just as a soda is a soda no matter if it came out of the can or if it comes from a fountain at the movies!!!:p

Well then what the heck do I have??? I thought they were perculas? Are they false perculas? If so, that's a stupid rule!!! A percula should be a percula just as a soda is a soda no matter if it came out of the can or if it comes from a fountain at the movies!!!

LMBO!!! that's what i used to say before.
It looks like you got Ocellaris :D ... just like me :p, so yeah you got perculas... they're just the false kind :lol: ... sorry to burst your bubble dood .

Does anyone have a line on a couple of good black percs?

Stores that may have them north of Seattle... or people breading them in Washington?

Last edited:
black ocelleris have been at swc a bunch of the times i've been there, ocean reef has better prices on them but that's in poulsbo, as for my clowns, i got ocelleris too

Does anyone have a line on a couple of good black percs?

Stores that may have them north of Seattle... or people breading them in Washington?

they seem to be the new hip thing, so you should definetly call around hmm i saw them at Blue Sierra so you should check out that store too.

Ilham,
here is a pic of my two Onyx percs and their H.magnifica host.
Had them for about a year, slightly less......

Ritteri_and_Clowns5-1_04-02-06.jpg

Nick

Nice Nick.

Just what I wanted to see :)

Keep them comign guys....or does it seem like there aren't many hobbyists with true perculas? I am just attempting to get a concensus on what types lure other fishkeepers.

Also interested in color development among different hosts.

Best,
Ilham

Time to get out the camera for new pics of mine. My black onyx true percs, I've had for a year and 2-3 months, and I believe Nick's are from the same batch as mine. Mine, however, are hosted by an overflow box :D.

Nick, you haven't had the magnifica that long, though....just incase Elmo needs to know this for color development vs. host.

Actually Nikki,
I think my clowns are younger than yours. In the pic above, the female is the one closest to the lens of the camera and is slightly out of focus. The male is misbarred and Idoubt he will get the 3rd (tail) bar at all. I'll have to wait and see.

Back