Post Up Your Favorite Behaviors

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Snowboarda42

Cirrhitichthys falco
Post up your favorite behavior(s) in your tank.

Doesn't Matter if its a normal behavior, something unique, etc. Just as long as its something you think is cool, post them up!

I've seen some strange ones in various threads but this should be the place to really do it!

So lets hear em!

My cleaner shrimp will grab a peice of fish from my fingers, eat a little of it, then run around the tank with it like its showing it off!

My flame hawkfish like all flame hawkfish likes to know who's watching him in the tank. So he perches closer and closer near the front of the tank. He looks right at me he's like a watch dog. Coolest most personable fish imo. He even eats from my hand:)

newtankpics079.jpg

Its no doubt my LMB. He prefers mysis over anything, and if its been more than a few day since ive given him any, he waits until i am looking and tries to knock over any little frags that arent secure, then glares at me.

Slide1.jpg

seems to be the most interesting and increaseing behavior in my tank are my egg laying green chromis. I just went to fix fish food soaking and there is now 3 at it. My 1 old female left from when I started this tank and the newly paired male and female. Interesting they are "letting" her act like shes laying eggs as none are coming from her.

The most interesting behavior is when my fish with white spots scratch on the rocks, it's so cool.

lol JK.
I like it when my clownfish cleans all the sand off her anemone.

my Foxface pokes his spines out at his own reflection. Occasionally he will attack his reflection and freak himself out when he hits the side. Boy, does he swim fast after that!

I got a pistol shrimp that carries the sand out of his hole as the current pushes the sand back into it. So it's quite funny that he is probably never going to carry more sand out of there then the amount of sand that gets pushed back in behind him

cool thread i can relate to all of these post its pretty funny stuff ive got a few things thats related to a couple of the other posts so here goes

LMB: i a put a 3''monti frag where he likes to sit then he decided to move it wants easy for him to do but he did it lol

my coral bandit shrimp will jump off rocks to catch brine shrimp when im feeding jumping spider styles

my mate got nipped by a pistol shrimp yesterday while aquascaping and that was quiet funny the shrimp didnt want any coral in his home

and with my clown fish ive seen the female feed 1 of 2 anenomes and then the male feed the same anenome, the see the peices of food the female just feed and rips a chunk off and put it in the other anenome that didnt have any food thats pretty smart i reackon
cant wait to hear sum more

I got these snails that will climb up the glass and get onto my power heads, then they will move towards the spouted output and try to hang on without getting pushed off in the current. It's quite amusing to see one get shot off the spout and thrown halfway across the tank and then a day later it finds its way back up to the powerhead again. My snails must be thrill seekers.

i used to worry when i first got my false perc 'cause he'd get all excited over a smooth rock i have in my tank. i thought maybe he had parasites because he'd nuzzle, poke with his nose and shimmy against this smooth rock that i have in there. i finally figured out that he'd hosted it. what a dingbat! i can't tell you how much money i've spent trying to find him an "appropriate" coral or anemone but, nope...he loves the rock.

My yellow Tang has to keep track of all fish in the tank at all times. If one is not "around" when I am looking in the tank he/she swims to were they are over and over until I find them in the rocks :lol:

I love watching my cleaner shrimp clean my kole tang's mouth out - That shrimp gets way in there (sometimes I think hes not coming back out of there) and the the fish totally loves it.. I see them do it all the time!

My Sailfin Tang follows me around the tank. Even if I am over on one side messing with something, I can turn around and its there just watching me. If I bring out the camera it seems to find its way into 85% of the pictures.

I had a blenny that liked to hang out in the algae clip. He would sit in it all day just watching the fish swim around. Then he would get agitated when fish pulled seaweed out of the clip because his home would be rocking like crazy. He even slept in it at night.
-chris

Back