Powder blue with ich

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

APch1ll3n

I bought a powder blue tang 3 weeks ago and it have ich for 2 weeks straight now in my corentine tank. Salinity is 1.008-1.009. Been at that level for 2 weeks now. Change water every 2-3 days. Any ideas and curing this ich problem?

you could do a freshwater dip. Ich should explode upon contact with fresh water. Check the sticky threads in the forum Marine fish discussion with Lee Birch. there will be directions in there for fresh water dips.
good luck
powder browns and blues can be difficult to cure of ich.

I have always done copper treatments. Just do NOT use copper during hyposalinity.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Give it time,,hypo is a 4 wk treatment, so go the full course of treatment, but i do think you should see some improvement by now....

Thank you every1 for the comment. My blonde Naso went through the same process and cured the ich issue. But this powder blue sickness is being stubborn. I will try the fresh water dip. I got this powder during the BRS sale.

Imho any tang needs to be qt in copper for a minimum of 2 wks..they r just to prone to ich

I don't think water should be change every 2-3 day, that will stress out the fish more, just be patient make sure your take have lot of live rocks, I hate ich, good luck

I bought a new refractometer from Barrier like a month ago. I have not checked my ph level but will do when I get home. Salinity currently is at 1.009

Have you calibrated your refractometer. I've found to get accurate measurements i need to do this every time. Ideally use a calibration fluid. But ro di water will do in a pinch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The refractometer was calibrated by one of the excellent (hint hint)staff at barrier reef. Only been a month old so i truly believe the meter is still calibrated. I also use the meter on several different samples of water I bought some frag from they all read similar.

Have never heard of Crytocaryans reproducing in water with a salinity of 1.008 to 1.009
Perhaps lower it down to 1.008 and see if they fall off and not reproduce

Back