Power head assembly.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

miNiChher

Ok guys... I bought a Rio 1700 Power head today... it came with a bunch of extra plastic things.... do I need them? sheesh this is like Lego's.... and I was never good at legos :( does anyone know where I can get detailed instructions on what all the extra parts are for?

um simply choose which peices works best for u the rest is well spare parts for a bits box

Don't know of anywhere to get instructions but if I remember correctly, you have to remove the bottom part of the powerhead that encloses the impeller (the part that sucks in the water) and slide the hanging bracket onto the main body of the pump and them put the cover back on. Then you'd just have to put the suction cups in the holes in the bracket and stick it to the glass in the tank and that should be it. They give you all sorts of bits and pieces you don't typically need, but that should be about all you need to run it as a powerhead if I remember correctly:)

awesome... it works like a CHARM! thanks a lot! by the way all those extra pieces i suppose are just accessories... but i bought the powerhead just for salt mixing purposes... maybe later i'll need it for something else =)

Back