Power heads brackets

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Steve: I just installed 2 of these (same model) on my 2 Seio 1100's. They work awesome...the magnets are extremely strong. I have 3/8" acryllic, and they are so strong that I cannot move the mount without either taking the outside magnet off, or sliding both the inside & outside together. At 1st I tried to position it by moving the inside only, but it wouldn't budge at all! I have no doubt my powerheads are securely fastened!

HTH,

Rob

bc_slc said:
Good idea but $35 is pretty damn steep for a powerhead bracket.
Very true but if I never have to use a $%&$!*#@% suction cup again, I'll be very happy. Aside from that, I'm too lazy to DIY it myself.

Cheers
Steve

I've seen those too. I'll be ordering some here soon.

Tomini tang likes pooping in the corners, behind rocks, where its tough to siphon out. SUction cups invariably fail quickly.

Nick

I think it is DIY time. Use the existing brackets and zip-tie some plastic coated magnets on them. Thanks for the link.

I too can't stand suction cups for mounting purposes. I dont' have a closed loop so i have to use powerheads. I am in the middle of modding my maxi jets. I also just ordered some neodymium magnets to diy myself some sweet mounts. I got some that are plastic coated and will hold up to 5+ lbs. I Don't know how the 1/4 inch glass will affect the holding capacity, but i'll shortly find out when they arrive. I'd be happy to report my findings if anyones interested. The magnests i got are extremely cheap...in fact i got a bunch for a fraction of what one of those mounts steve linked at the top cost.

zenn said:
I'd be happy to report my findings if anyones interested. The magnests i got are extremely cheap...in fact i got a bunch for a fraction of what one of those mounts steve linked at the top cost.

Please report your findings.

Thanks.

Back