Power Heads

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

speedyrb29

Looking to buy power heads what brands are best for a 20 gallon tank and looking for ones that wont be to big and that wont take away from the overall tank?

I've always like Maxi-Jets, very dependable, but I've also had a couple of Penguin PH's that ran forever.

I ran a Mini-Jet at one time in a nano, but it cut out several times and didn't last all that long. Plus, the cord was too big and unsightly.

Welcome to RF! :)

I like hagen aquaclear, I have some very old ones. I will go down on record as saying the azoo powersweep, does not work in a reef tank. They may or may not be wonderful in freshwater, but they just do not last in a reef. Like 6 months to 9 months at most. I hear Maxis are wonderful as well I just have never bought them so I dont know personally.

thanks for the ideas i think ill probly go for a maxi or aqua clear ive herd some good things about them before.

I like maxi-jets too... if you ever want to use a wavemaker, the maxi-jets are hands down the best choice for they can withstand the constant turning on/shutting off.

Back