powerhead ?'s

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trashman

hello everyone, so just a general ? for all the reefers no wrong answers here. has anyone or is there anyone using sicce voyager powerheads and if so what do you think of them. i am considering getting 2 voyager 3's for my 120 that i when i get around to setting it up hopefully in the next few months. please let me know your thoughts on this even suggestions if you have any.

That will give you 30X turnover in your tank. What are you planning on keeping in there? If you pick up some really high current demand SPS you may need more but for anything else I think you'd be good.

Mike

i have no plans on doing any sps at the moment just sticking to the easy stuff if there is such a thing in this hobby

You ought to look into the Koralia Evo series. They use way less power and are silent as well. The reviews on the sicce's aren't bad though. And 2 voyager 3's would give you 20x turnover which should be good enough.

You ought to look into the Koralia Evo series. They use way less power and are silent as well. The reviews on the sicce's aren't bad though. And 2 voyager 3's would give you 20x turnover which should be good enough.

i will do a little research on them to thanks for the input

ah....yeah neither can I. I ended up getting one on a deal from a fellow reefer that upgraded to MP60's and sold his MP40's for a steal. I don't know if this helps but I have to Korelia 3's (850gph) that I am not using anymore...would let em go for $20 ea or so. Maybe $15 if you take em both.

in all reality i guess another ? would be would it be better to put 2 bigger pumps in the tank or 4 smaller ones so you can direct flow more.

I have 3 koralia evo 1050s in my 75. I think it is perfect flow for that size tank. I use hydor koralia pumps in all my tanks. Great power heads for the price. And I've been using the same ones for two years now. Still going strong.

in all reality i guess another ? would be would it be better to put 2 bigger pumps in the tank or 4 smaller ones so you can direct flow more.

Personally I like having four in my tank. More water crossing paths just creates a more random flow. I also have two seaswirls that really help to generate the random flow you want.

The koralia evo's are also nice because they move a lot of water but do not have a harsh slim stream of water that come from them. You can't ignore the price either =)

Personally I like having four in my tank. More water crossing paths just creates a more random flow. I also have two seaswirls that really help to generate the random flow you want.

The koralia evo's are also nice because they move a lot of water but do not have a harsh slim stream of water that come from them. You can't ignore the price either =)

the koralia's are priced nice and low but how do they stand up in the long run against the more expensive one's. if i buy a koralia versus a tunze for half the price is it going to last half as long? is there anyone that has had any experience in that. i am really appreciating all the input from everyone.

I have used these K3's for over 2 years with zero issues. Plus Korelia's support is good. I picked up a used K4 and found out it was dead. Called Korelia tech support and the guy (Mike I think his name was) sent me a new one....of course I had to ship mine back first but Vortech is the same way.

I have two of the original 400gph koralias in my tank as well, they move water behind all the the rockwork. Those two pumps i have had for almost 3 years =)

Back