Pre made saltwater bought from the fish store

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Who says what is the same the pacific science center uses?

What type of salt mix, what store, and what does the pacific science center use it for?

Last time I was at the pacific science center they didn't have an aquarium...

BUT that place does change there exibits often.

generally, the LFS will tell you the brand name of the salt mix they use, then with that informaiton at hand you can then persue the question as to wether or not the saltmix is good.

ur much better and safer buying an RODI and mixing your own.. useing a refractometer

its safer, and over time will be cheaper

Put 5 gallons in last night and seems to be good. Nitrate, ammonia are all good. Fish and inverts seem happy and ate normal.

I get my water from AP. I think you meant it's the stuff that the Seattle Aquarium uses. ;)

It's good stuff. pH needs a boost is all.

How do I boost the pH?

Thanks for the correction, that's what I meant was Seattle Aquarium.

pH buffer like 8.4. If this is going into a reef tank you will need to check your salinity too because this NSW (northwest sea water) is probably a little low.

I get my water from AP. I think you meant it's the stuff that the Seattle Aquarium uses. ;)

So there just going up to the seattle aquarium and pumping out the filtered water from puget sound and reselling at there store?

is that legal?

So there just going up to the seattle aquarium and pumping out the filtered water from puget sound and reselling at there store?

is that legal?

yes that is legal and yes thats where they get there water from. they have an account with them. I too have an account with them and get all my water from them too. anyone can get an account with them

I heard you pay a one time fee for a card then pay 25cents a gallon for the water afterwards

Imo i wouldnt waste the money. Its like 5$ for 5 gallons. Just mix your own its so much cheaper.

Back