Prizm Pro Skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

agent6

New to this hobby. Just bought a Prizm Pro Skimmer for my 90 Gallon salt water tank. Can someone give me pointers on setting up this skimmer? :confused:

is it that hang on model? should be pretty simple just fill it up with water. If your not getting the suction then u see that there is a little air tube use your mouth and suk out the air until a siphon forms and walla.

If you can I would take it back. Not trying to sound mean, but I had the prizim deluxe on my 30 reef and wouldn't recomed it for anything bigger than that. Octopus skimmers and CSS skimmer are in teh same price range and alot better bang for your buck. JMHO

Like the other two said........basically it's a crappy skimmer AT BEST. It will not come close to doing the job on the 90 gallon. Do you have a sump?

When setting up a salt tank you should always research the equip prior to buying . A skimmer can either make or break your tank!!!!!!!!!

red sea

I know that they are not the top of the line ,but I have used the prizm on a 55 and now on a 46 gallon bowfront,never had a problem,pulls out lots of junk,as long as your tank isn't too big.it's worked for me for 5yrs and still going stong.

I have had both skimmers, the prizm hob AND the octopus skimmer..by far the octopus outperforms the the prizm 10 to 1..I get tons more bubbles in the octopus water chamber and skimmate than I do in the prizm.

i have a prizm on my 37g that is in my garage and I dont believe I can recommend the prizm for any larger than a 55 gallon tank..

Sorry.....get your money back and buy an octopus skimmer...your tank will thank you in the long run..otherwise, you will have nothing but (algae) trouble and will be constantly doing maintenance on it..

Back