problems with shroom

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

darklight2ooo

So I have been running a mushroom anomie for about 3 months no problem. its been running under a 14watt florescent. I just got my 96watt t5 florescent and for some reason my mushroom is withering.. i don't get it, i would think more light would make it grow more!?

my other corals are doing Great under this new light. My fish even seems happier.

here are some pictures of it. i have been doing my water changes and my tank is reading zero across the board. :|

What happens to you when you go out into a bright sun? He just need time to adjust. You need to slowly increase this light. do you have any egg crate?

Let me preface by my experience base is only a few months, but from everything I have read and experienced, Corallimorphs prefer shady areas of a tank not direct - bright light. I have mine located in the lower portion of my tank and they do not get direct light from my CF or MH. My ricordea on the otherhand seem to prefer the transition to the brighter light up to about the middle of the aquarium. Attached is a picture of mine, I have a green like yours but only have a photo of him eating (lots of mysis) they are both on the lower strata of the tank and thriving.

Hope this helps.

If you want him to thrive...adjust him slowly, but you shouldn't put him in the upper third IME. I would put him in the shade and let him thrive myself.

Back