Protien Skimmer Problem

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SaltyDog08

i recently bought a cpr bak-pak from someone to put on my 40. it runs fine but unlike the new bak-paks the outtake is almost like a waterfall instead of having pipe that the water runs out of. it's actually really loud and kind of annoying so i almost regret getting it but i know how much it benefits my tank. if anybody has any ideas on how to make it quieter please let me know. thanks

You can extend the tube using 1" PVC I believe with a 90 elbow at the bottom. Also if you rough up the PVC with sand paper the corline algae will stick to it better..

Oh I had one of these and I put a black coarse filter floss with rubber band on the output and touching water to quiet down and reduce splash!!!

thanks! ill give the filter floss a try and see what happens with that. this protein skimmer is only temperary so its not too much of a big deal but its in my room so then again it kind of is lol

Agree with the filter floss. In my very amateur days I used bio-wheel filtration and those drove me insane.

Back